REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Bridges

Bridges

Postby Bernard » May 2nd, 2010, 5:24 pm

Based on the formula: Bridges = water (most of the time) and water = fish (some of the time).

Hello Everyone,

I hope that this isn't too random but often I find very non-fishing specific resources to be inspiring. This is a very curious and kinda neat angle: http://bridgehunter.com/ca/ventura/bh42629/.

Enjoy,
B
Bernard

Re: Bridges

Postby rkfiske » May 2nd, 2010, 6:21 pm

Clever Bernard!!
"The real truth is, convincing a fish to strike is like playing string with a cat: the exact size and color of the string is probably less important than how you wiggle it. And little cats are easier to fool than big ones." - John Gierach
rkfiske

Postby fancyboy » June 10th, 2010, 7:27 am

Dude!!! That's my honey spot!
"In our family, there was no clear line between religion and fly fishing."
fancyboy

Postby Ants » June 26th, 2013, 7:45 am

I keep in mind the Civil Engineering challenge when I go fishing - that is, catch fish while standing on, under, or near a structure built by Civil Engineers. In nearly all instances, those are great places to fish.

There is little doubt that it will take the place of reality TV, but the options are nearly endless.

Ants
Ants

Postby briansII » June 26th, 2013, 9:20 am

Bernard wrote:Based on the formula: Bridges = water (most of the time) and water = fish (some of the time).
B

That's a man made fallacy. Fish are repelled by steel structures.

briansII
briansII

Postby flybob » June 26th, 2013, 8:55 pm

Dude, I have been a HogHead since I was 4 years old!
I love old railroad bridges!

Never thought of the prospects of what can be found under them....cept for the Hobos (dating myself here)!

Right down the road is the town of Filmore....there used to be a railroad museum there, I once took a scenic train ride from there.
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby John Harper » May 16th, 2016, 9:44 am

flybob wrote:Dude, I have been a HogHead since I was 4 years old!
I love old railroad bridges!

Never thought of the prospects of what can be found under them....cept for the Hobos (dating myself here)!

Right down the road is the town of Filmore....there used to be a railroad museum there, I once took a scenic train ride from there.

I grew up in Fillmore. Yes, there is a museum. There's also a very similar bridge out Old Telegraph Road that spans Sespe Creek.

John
John Harper

Return to Helpful Links