REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Annual FlyBuy Feb 8 in Long Beach

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Annual FlyBuy Feb 8 in Long Beach

Postby Bernard » January 9th, 2014, 10:12 am

Fellow Addicts!

The Annual FlyBuy brought to you by The Southwest Council of the Federation of Fly Fishers and hosted by the Long Beach Casting Club is coming up fast.

This is a robust event with something for everyone. You will find great buys on new and used tackle along with lots of tying, casting, an auction and an IF4 screening as a finally. This is a Fundraiser for the Southwest Council, International Federation of Fly Fishers. Lunch and admission $10.00 for IFFF members, $15.00 others. Memberships available at the door.

SCHEDULE

TYING 9-3
Learn from award winning fly tiers (several of which post on this board). The current roster boasts this fantastic group: John Van Derhoof, Peter Koga, Lee Baerman, Bill Blackstone, Carl Ronk, Chris Taylor, Naomi Okamoto, Dean Endress, Mark Kirchner, Steven Fernandez, Mark Johnson, Glenn Hirayasu, Shane Chung, John Williams, David Boyer, Mas Okui, Al Q, Cheryl Moore and Mike Forrest.

GARAGE SALE: 9am - 3pm
Please donate items for the fly fishing garage sale. Rods, reels, lines, clothes, vests or accessories.
Anything not sold will be donated to Project Healing Waters or Casting For Recovery. Items must be in working order and have a value of at least $10.00. A great opportunity to dispose of extras and unwanted items of all matters fly fishing. Please give items to your SWCIFFF representative or contact us directly. This is the perfect way to do spring cleaning and to help the SWCIFFF!

CASTING 9am -3pm All Levels Welcome!
Take a quick lesson and receive pointers from our Certified Federation Instructors.
$1.00 per minute (15 minutes minimum). Your casting can be analyzed by one of our certified instructors. Get tips on your Single-handed, Spey or double-haul casting.

SILENT AUCTIONS 9am - 3pm
For your bidding pleasure both select and special items will be on the tables all day.
Bidding will be conducted or opened for 2 hours at a time, all day. Come any time and place your bids!

FILM EVENT 4pm
Join us at the Art Theatre in Long Beach at 4 pm for our showing of the 2014 IF4 film. Great adventures and selections. Tickets are 10.00 in advance, 13.00 at the door. 2025 E. 4th Street, Long Beach, CA 90814 More info and trailers here: http://flyfilmfest.com/IF4/. The selections are stellar in variety and very inspirational. See some of the trailer grabs below. I am impressed by the featured shorts.

Watch for additional event details and updates here: https://www.facebook.com/southwest.council.5.

Bernard

Re: Annual FlyBuy Feb 8 in Long Beach

Postby Benny » January 24th, 2014, 12:15 am

Ruben and I will be there. Got a few tickets for the screening in the LBC as well.
Benny

Postby fly addict » January 24th, 2014, 11:57 am

Benny,
I'll see you there.
Mark
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby fly addict » February 3rd, 2014, 3:07 pm

I’m bringing a Lamiglas 6’6” 5 pc 3 or 4 wt fiberglass rod and tube to donate for the Garage sale. It is brand new and has never been used. It would make a great pack-rod or small stream rod. There will be other items like this at the sale. Last year I scored a nice fly fishing rain coat for $10.
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby Bernard » February 4th, 2014, 11:12 am

fly addict wrote:I’m bringing a Lamiglas 6’6” 5 pc 3 or 4 wt fiberglass rod and tube to donate for the Garage sale. It is brand new and has never been used. It would make a great pack-rod or small stream rod. There will be other items like this at the sale. Last year I scored a nice fly fishing rain coat for $10.

Wow,

Good to know. Brings back memories. The first rod I ever wrapped ages ago was on a Lamiglas blank. Great brand. As for the event itself, some of the tying talent have been given the spotlight at the SWC's Facebook page. Today's was Dean Endress with a look at a cool sculpin pattern of his. See: https://www.facebook.com/southwest.council.5?ref=hl.

B.
Bernard

Postby Benny » February 4th, 2014, 2:10 pm

Is anyone else going to be at this event? The events at the LBCC are usually pretty cool gatherings. Lots of like minded people enjoying themselves.
Benny

Postby Flyjunkie » February 6th, 2014, 9:20 am

I'll be seated next to Lee Baermann, we'll be tying Salty flies...
:bananadance:
"...I became Insane, with long intervals of Horrible Sanity..." ~ Edgar Allan Poe
Flyjunkie

Postby Benny » February 6th, 2014, 12:19 pm

Very cool Dean, I'll see you guys on Saturday.
Benny

Return to General Fly Fishing