REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

FOUND!

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

FOUND!

Postby stimbo » February 22nd, 2014, 8:55 pm

Feb. 22nd, 2014: Found fly rod and reel along the Chalk Bluff Road, Lower Owens River. Call or email to identify: Jim Stimson 760.935.4264 or office@jimstimson.com
stimbo

Re: FOUND!

Postby Papasequoia » February 22nd, 2014, 9:32 pm

There was a sign up in the Sierra Trout Magnet fly shop about a lost fly rod - I'm afraid I didn't pay much attention to it since I hadn't found one, but that might be it. You could give them a call to check. Good on ya for trying to find the owner!
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby stimbo » February 23rd, 2014, 5:19 pm

Thanks. I will give David a call at the shop.
stimbo

Postby fly addict » February 23rd, 2014, 10:58 pm

If it is a Sage "One" would you post it on the Kern Fly Fishing Forum, Brian Lost his on Chalk Bluff Rd.
http://www.kernriverflyfishing.com/cgi- ... oard=ssffc
Thanks,
Mark
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

FOUND!

Postby stimbo » February 24th, 2014, 8:44 am

Bingo! I will post something on the Kern River forum but can you also let him know I've got his gear. Thanks. You can have him contact me as well with the info I posted previously. Jim
stimbo

Postby midger » February 24th, 2014, 8:49 am

stimbo,
You just made somebody very, very, very happy. You did a fine thing and I'm sure fishing karma will follow you throughout the rest of the year.
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby fly addict » February 24th, 2014, 9:01 am

Jim,
I have forwarded your contact info to Brian and you should hear from him today. I'm sure glad someone like you found his rod. Brian is a super nice guy, and he was real bummed when he realized he had lost his rod.
Mark
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

FOUND!

Postby stimbo » February 24th, 2014, 9:17 am

Thanks Mark. I'd be bummed too, borderline psychotic. That is a nice rod, REALLY nice. Put his mind at ease, his equipment was found with not a nick on it. I'm glad it will be going back home. Jim
stimbo

Postby lucfish » February 24th, 2014, 9:22 am

Your a good man Jim.
lucfish

Postby midger » February 24th, 2014, 9:58 am

I should've added a welcome to the forum seeing as how this was a first post situation for you. Hopefully you'll stay around and join in the fun here.
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby WanderingBlues » February 24th, 2014, 10:03 am

Very cool. I know I would have been sick to lose my Sage One. The honor amongst the fly fishing family is second to none. Welcome aboard!
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

FOUND!

Postby silverlaker » February 24th, 2014, 10:33 am

Jim- welcome to the forum. It's very cool of you to make your first post about trying to locate the owner of some missing equipment. Brian was definitely beside himself - I'm sure he's happy now!
Fish always lose by being "got in and dressed." It is best to weigh them while they are in the water. The only really large one I ever caught got away with my leader when I first struck him. He weighed ten pounds. —Charles Dudley Warner
silverlaker

Postby haramic » February 24th, 2014, 11:04 am

Hi Jim,

I just spoke to Brian on the phone. He should be calling you shortly, if he hasn't already done so. He is extremely HAPPY

thanks,
Chiaki
haramic

Postby stimbo » February 24th, 2014, 11:22 am

Thanks Chiaki for contacting Brian. I bet he's one happy camper! I replied to you on the other forum as well. I'm stoked I found the owner so soon. Thanks to all you fishing addicts out there that helped by lurking in the background, reading these posts. We've got to look out for one another, eh? Tight lines! Jim
stimbo

Postby AlohaBri » February 24th, 2014, 1:00 pm

WOW!

Hi Jim, Brian here, Thank you SO SO much for posting. I was super Bummed out when I realized I left my rod on top of my truck when I backed out of the lot on the LO. I just left a message on your message machine. I'll send you an Email.

I am so pleased to be part of a group like this! Thanks to all of the guys who commented and replied for me, you guys are the best. Thank you Jim for stepping up, I really appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Brian
"Everyday is a School Day"
AlohaBri

Next

Return to General Fly Fishing