REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

FOUND!

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: FOUND!

Postby silverlaker » February 24th, 2014, 1:50 pm

Hi Brian -

We met over the weekend. I'm glad it all worked out for you. Now that you found us, don't be a stranger around here - the addicts site is full of great folks.

Best -

Tom
Fish always lose by being "got in and dressed." It is best to weigh them while they are in the water. The only really large one I ever caught got away with my leader when I first struck him. He weighed ten pounds. —Charles Dudley Warner
silverlaker

Postby stanbery » February 24th, 2014, 6:39 pm

Jim
Thanks for posting this on the forum that is just great

Jim and Brain

welcome aboard.
Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby fly addict » February 24th, 2014, 7:05 pm

Brian,
Welcome to the forum, it was nice chatting with you on Saturday night. Listening to your story about how you lost the rod on Sunday morning made me quite bummed. Now I’m glad you’re going to get your rod back. Someday maybe we can fish some water together.
Mark
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby Papasequoia » February 24th, 2014, 7:31 pm

Wow, even that lurker Chiaki came out of the woodwork on this thread. I hope he doesn't read any of the other reports or he might figure out where top secret hole #377b is located! :lol: :lol:

Great job, Jim, on doing the right thing. So nice to see it when good things happen and your faith in humankind is (at least temporarily) restored. Also, welcome to the site, Brian.
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby AlohaBri » February 24th, 2014, 7:37 pm

Thanks Guys!

It was great to meet the group for breakfast, meeting you guys and sharing stories on Saturday night, and talking to you guys on Sunday morning when I was a bit spun out. Now I have another story with a happy ending!

We'll get out and share some water sometime. I talked to Jim Stimson and I'm trying to swing a day that I can run up and pick up the Rod and get some fishing in. Jim and I had a great chat on the phone today. I'm glad he was the guy to recover my rod.

Thanks again for all of the support and thanks again to Jim!

Brian
"Everyday is a School Day"
AlohaBri

FOUND!

Postby stimbo » February 24th, 2014, 8:31 pm

Greetings All -- I guess I am officially an "Addict" now. Brian, I look forward to meeting you, maybe fishing a little, and handing over your Sage One (sniffle, sniffle...). Here's a cut-bow from a few days ago on the Lower O. And in some blatant, shameless promotion, I guide for the Sierra Trout Magnet. I hopefully will see some of you on the water this season. Give the shop a call if you'd like to book a trip with David or myself.

We're expecting a couple of storms this week. Keep your fingers crossed for some precip! Cheers. Jim

stimbo

Re: FOUND! & Reunited!!!!

Postby AlohaBri » March 21st, 2014, 5:33 pm

Found – Reunited!!
Hey gang I wanted to follow up with the recovery of my fly rod and a great day on the water with a great guy Jim Stimson. Jim is a guide up in the Sierras and was the guy who found my fly rod and posted on the forums for it’s return, Did I say GREAT guy. . . Thanks Jim!

After my rod bumble and the super support of the forums I got in contact with Jim to arrange a get together. Jim and I met on a Wednesday in Bishop at Jack’s Restaurant for breakfast. We had a great chat, what a nice guy. After breakfast Jim gave me my rod back (what a relief!) and we were off to the Lower O for some fishing. Jim has an easygoing character which is a great demeanor for a guide. We stopped above the campground, rigged our rods and talked about the area, the bugs and the strategy for fishing this time of year. Jim shared his thoughts on the water and we set out to hook up. We started out nymphing two flies with indicators. The water looked fishy, it wasn't quite as clear as it was the week and a half earlier when the club was in town. Jim was the first into fish, and the 2nd and the 3rd, I guess that’s how guides fish when they are fishing not guiding. Like most other guides I've fished with there is always something to learn. I finally got on the board and away we went.

About 12:30 I started seeing a couple bugs show up. After catching this guy I switched over to a BWO. It didn’t take long to land another.

Jim cruised up to take this shot. (Jim has some photo skills, check out http://www.JimStimson.comREALLY worth the look)

We kept on catching fish as the day wound down. Jim hiked up at about 3 and told me he was wrapping it up. I thanked him for everything, what a great day and what a super guy. I told him I was staying a bit longer and we shook hands.
I fished on for a bit but then the mosquitos mounted their attack. I guess I should have kept watching what Jim was doing, I’m sure he was halfway home while I was swatting away mosquitos and breaking down my gear. I hope to fish with Jim again, we had a great time.

THANKS!

Brian
"Everyday is a School Day"
AlohaBri

Postby Papasequoia » March 21st, 2014, 5:52 pm

Now that's what I call a happy ending!
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby silverlaker » March 21st, 2014, 10:25 pm

Awesome! Glad it worked out and you guys got to do a little fishing.
Fish always lose by being "got in and dressed." It is best to weigh them while they are in the water. The only really large one I ever caught got away with my leader when I first struck him. He weighed ten pounds. —Charles Dudley Warner
silverlaker

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing