REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Lost fly box

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Lost fly box

Postby Dr. Ice » June 9th, 2014, 8:45 am

Like an idiot, I left my favorite box of homemade flies on top of my car as I left the Upper Owens on Saturday. If any honest flyfisher person happened to find it, please message me. It is a grey blue ribbon box holding many hours of hand tieds. Thanks
Dr. Ice

Re: Lost fly box

Postby Wildman » June 9th, 2014, 10:06 am

Glad to see you joined the forum. Pretty everyone here is honest. You'll need to post again to have someone message you. Not sure the technical reason but it's real. You could use that 2nd post to introduce yourself and maybe share a few pics from your Owens trip.

Jim
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby Dr. Ice » June 9th, 2014, 2:16 pm

Thanks for the reply. As streams are usually high in June, we make our early summer trek mostly a tube trip; Mammoth, Virgina, Trumble, etc. But this year the flows are down. The Upper Owens is fishing great. I didn't take any fish pics as I did not catch anything very remarkable...just lots of small to medium rainbows and some brookies.
Dr. Ice

Postby midger » June 9th, 2014, 2:24 pm

Hope you find the box and hopefully it had a name and phone number in it. I'd check with Troutfitters in Mammoth to see if anyone turned one in there, and good luck.
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby fly addict » June 9th, 2014, 2:28 pm

Read this, maybe it will help get your box back or it might keep you from losing it at all. Also welcome.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=10705
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby Dr. Ice » June 10th, 2014, 1:13 pm

Good link...thanks for the feedback. I will definitely label my boxes. But now I am not only traumatized that I lost my favorite flies and fly box, but that some guys have 80+ boxes! (if those guys could just send me one fly from each box I will be back in business.)
Dr. Ice

Postby planettrout » June 10th, 2014, 3:11 pm

I think that Benny might have a box, from last year, that never found a home....

PT/TB :idea:
Daughter to Father, "How many arms do you have? How many fly rods do you need?"

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
planettrout

Postby Dr. Ice » June 13th, 2014, 8:46 am

How do you feel good about a lost box of flies? I am pleased and rather astounded to report that one of those 80+ fly box guys who belongs to this forum is sending me a selection of his bounty to get me on the stream again. (Even though I was just joking in my comment above) You lose something; you gain something...and I am not just talking flies. In gratitude for good people...d.
Dr. Ice

Postby WanderingBlues » June 13th, 2014, 9:39 am

This forum has some of the finest, hands down.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby Dr. Ice » June 19th, 2014, 8:04 am

Just learned that. Some day I will play it forward.
Dr. Ice

Postby Benny » June 19th, 2014, 11:16 am

planettrout wrote:I think that Benny might have a box, from last year, that never found a home....

PT/TB :idea:

Yes, I definitely still have the fly box and flies.

Dr Ice, Send me your contact information and I will get the box and flies out to you asap. This should get you started once again.

We have some very cool cats on this board.
Benny

Return to General Fly Fishing