REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Hello!

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Hello!

Postby thtsarumr » February 5th, 2015, 5:23 am

FFA,

It's been a couple years since I left CA. So I figure I would drop a quick line and say hello. I hope everyone is doing well and you all are getting plenty of time on the water.

Blu
Image There's a funny thing about that little white speck on top of chicken sh*!.... Well that little white speck, is chicken sh*! too.
thtsarumr

Re: Hello!

Postby Wildman » February 5th, 2015, 9:40 am

Hey Blu....you are always a welcome sight here. I know you have been busy with your new assignment. Holding out that you might get another West Coast assignment and will spend some time on the water in your old haunts. When you are between cycles, share some of the great fishing and hunting you (and the kids) have taken advantage over on the other coast.

For those who weren't here then, Blu was assigned to Camp Pendelton and was an avid Fly Fishing Addict. He went overseas on several assignments and we were able to keep feeding his addiction by sending fly tying materials, magazines and books. When he came home the second time, we got together and put together on the Owens River...to welcome him home in style. It was a magical time for all of us and for Blu. Here's the link for the going away gathering on the Big Reedy ......http://www.flyfishingaddicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7095&hilit=Blu

I'm trying to figure out how to find the actual thread of the Welcome Home deal. Still searching.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby WestlakeDave » February 5th, 2015, 11:22 am

Hey Blu! Sasquatch & I spent that one weekend with you and Stanbery targeting those huge Brookies. You and Brandt still need to get together for that "cook-out challenge" you guys promised! For those of you unfamiliar with Blu's campsite cuisine, he is one helluva' chef! All the best Blu!
Dave.
WestlakeDave

Postby RichardCullip » February 5th, 2015, 11:46 am

Thanks for checking in, Blu. We miss you out here on the west coast. Come back and visit us soon.
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Postby WanderingBlues » February 5th, 2015, 12:04 pm

You're busy making boys into Marines and not letting those daughters of yours run roughshod over you!
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby fly addict » February 5th, 2015, 12:12 pm

Hi Blu,
Good to hear from you, hope all is good with you and the family. Let us know when your going to be in SoCal so we can wet a line together.
Mark
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby darrin terry » February 5th, 2015, 2:33 pm

Blu! All is well I hope. If you've been doing any fishing out there, we'd love to read about it. I was just telling my dad about the homemade chorizo you and your brother brought up to Bishop a few years back. Good stuff.

Be well. :D
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby stanbery » February 5th, 2015, 10:01 pm

darrin terry wrote:Blu! All is well I hope. If you've been doing any fishing out there, we'd love to read about it. I was just telling my dad about the homemade chorizo you and your brother brought up to Bishop a few years back. Good stuff.

Be well. :D

The chorizo was the best I have ever eating.

Hope all is well.

Talk to you soon.
Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Return to General Fly Fishing