REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

April Fish/Pic of the Month

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: April Fish/Pic of the Month

Postby Papasequoia » May 1st, 2009, 12:20 pm

How did this happen? I last went fishing on March 31st and today is May 1st. I went a whole month without fishing. Started off the year with a bang and have dribbled down to a whimper. I have nothing to offer for April pic of the month. I think I was scarred by not even getting an honorable mention from Barrie last month. Sigh. I need to go fishing.
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby Barrie Mann » May 3rd, 2009, 6:52 am

Apparently I’ve scarred Papa S for life for not even giving him an “Honorable Mention” for pic of the month or fish of the month. First he castigates me for being too quick in selecting the picks of the month, now he attempts to gain my sympathy by crying that he can’t even get an “Honorable Mention” All I can say to that is Go Fishing Old Man go fishing. :deadhorse:

Seriously however, this months (April) picture of the month was easy it is the one posted by Rayfound.

Image[/quote]

The choice of fish of the month is another story. Certainly some contenders this month. Randy’s golden Carp is striking. Slave to the Rod’s Carp is big and deserves mention, but SJDrifly’s Lahontan Cuthroat is a magnificent example of that strain so I’m selecting that as the fish of the month.

My congratulations to both.

And now a challenge to my good friend Papa S. It’s time for a new pair of eyes to make these selections and I think you should take on the task. Are you up to it?

Barrie Mann
Barrie Mann

Postby RichardCullip » May 3rd, 2009, 7:54 am

Great choices, Barrie.
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Postby Papasequoia » May 3rd, 2009, 10:15 am

Great pictures from a strong field of contenders! There weren't a lot of pictures this month, but the ones there were sure were great. Not easy to make the decision, no wonder you want to shirk your duties, Barrie. Thanks for the offer, but there are two reasons for which it is not a good idea. First of all, I would win every month, no matter what. Like this one would be an easy Papasequoia win (eat your heart out, Bob!)

And the other reason is, we like to see you posting around here!

Besides, you can't trust any of us to be impartial, you may be the only one around here we can trust. Good choices, can't wait to see May's entries!
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby rayfound » May 4th, 2009, 4:12 pm

Winner by default. Well, THERE's something to be proud of.
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby Sasha » May 5th, 2009, 7:40 am

Congrats guys! Those are some nice photos :bananadance:
Sasha

Postby flybob » May 6th, 2009, 7:10 am

rayfound wrote:Winner by default. Well, THERE's something to be proud of.

Ray, that does not make it any less of a great photo!

FWIW, on my last trip I caught a very nice specimen, came in around 13", (very rare for me) rather that take my usual "arm" shot, I opted for an artistic pose with water and bubbles and reel, yada yada yada! The fish had nothing to do with it and swam away! needless to say, the fish is now just a memory, which is not so good anymore....

Congrats to both of youz!
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing