REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Bad news

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Bad news

Postby czech flyfisherman » July 24th, 2009, 2:24 am

Hey guys,

so I have realy bad news....I should be in Alaska right now with my friends caughting big fish, but I am home in Czech Rep., because USA immigration stop me way in Atlanta and they send me home for no reason. So I am so * right now, but there is nothink what I can do about it. So I will miss you guys and maybe next year we will fish together, if US immigration will let me go in US.

Taka care all of you.

Zee
czech flyfisherman

Re: Bad news

Postby Benny » July 24th, 2009, 2:29 am

Zee, that just totally sucks!!! Sorry to hear about the deportation :oo:
Benny

Postby stanbery » July 24th, 2009, 3:36 am

Zee

That really sucks!!!

Give me a call later.

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby RichardCullip » July 24th, 2009, 5:35 am

So Sorry!
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Postby Flyjunkie » July 24th, 2009, 6:45 am

Most unfortunate Zee.... :( :(
"...I became Insane, with long intervals of Horrible Sanity..." ~ Edgar Allan Poe
Flyjunkie

Postby fly addict » July 24th, 2009, 7:22 am

Zee sorry to hear about your problems with our immigration people! That just sucks!

It is amazing how our government treats people who come to this country legally to work or vacation. They put up all kinds of obstacles and dare you to get through them.

People who come in our country illegally are rewarded. The government rolls out the red carpet, and gives them free health care and free food stamps. But that is not enough. The illegals protest in the streets the way they are treated here and run our flag upside down under the mexican flag. Our government then offers them citizenship. It just amazes me! :fireangry:
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby Eric » July 24th, 2009, 8:00 am

Zee that really sucks buddy!!!!!
Eric
Eric

Postby beachbum » July 24th, 2009, 8:33 am

Sorry to hear that, Zee!
Set the hook!
beachbum

Postby RubiKinda » July 24th, 2009, 8:37 am

That sucks big time. Make the best of it and spank some fat fish on your home waters.
RubiKinda

Postby darrin terry » July 24th, 2009, 9:14 am

Zee, I am sorry to hear that. It obviously sucks, and makes no sense. I must say I agree with Mark about the way illegals are treated in comparison. I hope you are able to get a reason and address the issue. Keep fishing and I hope to hear you are coming back again soon. :fireangry: :fireangry: :fireangry:
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby Sasha » July 24th, 2009, 9:19 am

What a bunch of BS :fireangry: Sorry that happened to you Zee.
Sasha

Postby Rockstar Fisherman » July 25th, 2009, 12:34 pm

Well, I'm going to have to save up to make it over to the Czech next year! We can party and fish over there, till then I'm sorry you couldn't make it into the U.S., miss you buddy! Call me when you get the chance.
"Live life before you die"
States fished: AZ, CA, NV, OR, WY, MT, IN, WI, ID, UT
Foreign Countries fished: CZ, NZ, SL, PL, CI
Rockstar Fisherman

Postby Pete » July 25th, 2009, 8:35 pm

Zee,

Sorry to hear about your trip. :fireangry:

Maybe you should give up the legal way and do what others do. Get into another country and sneak across the border like everybody else does.

Pete
Pete

Postby Papasequoia » July 25th, 2009, 9:45 pm

For whatever reason, Homeland Security/INS decided not to let Zee in and turned him back at the airport. While lamentable, since we all know Zee, I hardly think that that means this thread needs to be turned into some kind of nativist commentary about illegal immigration. While it is true that the majority of illegal immigrants in this country are from areas contiguous to the United States, there are millions of illegal immigrants from other areas of the world as well, including Europeans. Rather than risking death from dying in the deserts, or getting robbed or raped by unscrupulous coyotes so they can climb a fence and enter the country, most of rest of our illegal aliens arrive here on a variety of visas such as tourist visas, student visas or temporary work visas. When their visa expires, they simply don't return to their country of origin. None of us knows why Zee was turned away at the airport, but between an ever louder cry to control possible illegal immigrants and continuing worries about terrorism, I don't see why it should be so surprising. I should add that the 9-11 suicide bombers were here on the types of visas I mentioned, some of them expired. If we are going to ask our government to get stricter about possible illegal immigration both across the border and by other modes of access (and they are) we should realize that the occasional innocent fish is going to get caught in the net. It sucks for Zee, but it's the price you pay for the extra security.
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby Pete » July 26th, 2009, 4:02 pm

"Nativist" I like that one Papa :D . Had to look it up. I guess if not wanting to pay for people who are getting free services, from my tax dollars, without paying their fair share makes me a Nativist. So be it, I am a Nativist. Although, reading the Wikipedia definition I am not a true Nativist. I am not against immigration, I am against illegal immigration.

But, you are right we shouldn't hijack Zee's post. Sorry for the assist in the hijack.

Pete
Pete

Next

Return to General Fly Fishing