REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Private Tailwater Anyone?

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Private Tailwater Anyone?

Postby WatchinTheWater » August 4th, 2009, 7:35 am

The Alpine River Club has just listed 514 acres including two miles of gold medal tailwater for $28 million. The club is selling the property that its members fish to aquire other properties. If we can get a group of say 10,000 investers we can by this gem for our own "private club" for $2,800 each, anyone intrested?

Reading the article I felt much better about the thousands of dollars I've spent being a flyfishing addict. The Alpine River Club offers memberships for an initial fee of $85,000 with an annual fee of $7,700. I am not aware of what other properties are available for members to fish. The article mentioned that most of these members also hire guides when they fish these private waters.

I guess I'll always be a poor flyfisher. I keep thinking how many guided trips I could do for the annual fee alone.

Happy Fishin'
Dave
WTW
WatchinTheWater

Re: Private Tailwater Anyone?

Postby beachbum » August 4th, 2009, 8:00 am

Which river are they selling? It's goo that you have no shortage of water around you, Dave.
Set the hook!
beachbum

Postby RichardCullip » August 4th, 2009, 8:18 am

I can chip in $28. Now I just need 999,999 of my closest fly fishing buddies to pony up their share ;) ;) ;)
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Postby WatchinTheWater » August 4th, 2009, 8:35 am

Richard,
I'll even up it to $280 and then we would only need 100,000 of us.

Beachbum,
The property straddles the Yampa just below Lake Catamount and is only ten minute from the ski hill.
WatchinTheWater

Postby COCarp » August 4th, 2009, 9:18 am

WatchinTheWater wrote:Richard,
Beachbum,
The property straddles the Yampa just below Lake Catamount and is only ten minute from the ski hill.

I wish I had the dough to purchase it all for myself and a few close buddies to enjoy!

Is the dam at Lake Catamount a top or bottom release?
COCarp

Postby beachbum » August 4th, 2009, 10:11 am

I fished that water, before the lake was created. I guess the lake really improved the fishing. Even thought I have been back, it's always been on business, and I spent the time visiting my old co-workers at UPS.

I will match Richard's amount!
Set the hook!
beachbum

Postby WatchinTheWater » August 4th, 2009, 11:00 am

It is a bottom release from the dam so the fish get very big with a good food supply all winter and fairly constant water temps. The picture with the article showed the realator with a brown well over twenty inches even though big 'bows are more common. He takes a fly rod every time he shows the property. If I were him I would try to show the property as much as possible without actually selling it. The commission probably motivates him a little to make the sale.
WatchinTheWater

Postby flybob » August 4th, 2009, 11:55 am

Thanks Dave!

Now I don't feel so bad about dropping a "G" note on becoming a Life Member of TU..... :bananadance:
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby Papasequoia » August 4th, 2009, 12:29 pm

I need to seriously consider finding new fly fishing acquaintances to hang out with - electronically as well as in person. The best you bums can come up with is $280 dollars, really? I have been seriously slumming it by rubbing elbows with the proletariat here on flyfishingaddicts.com. I don't mean to brag, you understand, but I can come up with $300 for this venture with just a bit of effort. I know that for those of you stuck in the sub-$300 class this can seem extravagant, but I refuse to apologize for my Gatsbyesque lifestyle.

Maybe, just maybe, I will let some of you fish on my private tailwater. All I have to do is find someone to kick in the remaining funds after my $300 is submitted, then I will ask them if they mind if I invite a guest or two. I will let you all know. This shouldn't take long...
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby briansII » August 4th, 2009, 12:35 pm

flybob wrote:Thanks Dave!

Now I don't feel so bad about dropping a "G" note on becoming a Life Member of TU..... :bananadance:

Nice. New Winston eh. :rockon:

As for the private fishing club, i'm good for $20. I'm hoping that will buy me a 6 foot drift through a non prime run. :roll: I can do dishes and take out the garbage if that will sway the elite members.

briansII
briansII

Postby Trootfisher » August 11th, 2009, 3:01 pm

I don't have any money to contribute, but I would like to work as a dishwasher or gardener or something there and fish during my lunch break.
Trootfisher

Return to General Fly Fishing