REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

One of the pleasures of fly fishing

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

One of the pleasures of fly fishing

Postby Barrie Mann » September 20th, 2008, 12:21 pm

I went to the Rendevouz campground on Friday evening and shared some time and a couple of brews with some old friends and met some new ones. I had the chance to sit and chat with Eric, Flybob and 1morcast (Mark) as well as my good friend Jon (Spandoc). The conversation was good and the talk of fishing was even better. I also had chance to chat with some old friends who were there to fish the tourney. All in all a very pleasant time.
This morning I drove upriver and had the chance to meet our host of this forum. Craig it was good to meet up with you and spend a little time getting to know each other. We need to get out on the river some day.

To me this is what Fly fishing is all about. I didn't fish yesterday evening or this morning. But having the chance to meet old and new friends who share my love of the long rod and fly makes it all worthwhile. Thanks guys you made my week end for me.
Barrie Mann

Re: One of the pleasures of fly fishing

Postby midger » September 20th, 2008, 3:16 pm

That's what it's all about Barrie. The sport of flyfishing is about far more than just catching fish.

Glad you were able to meet some old, and make some new, friends.
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby Sasha » September 20th, 2008, 3:17 pm

Sounds like good times! That is one more reason to love this sport.
Sasha

Postby Papasequoia » September 21st, 2008, 4:46 pm

wildfly wrote:...though when my truck pulled through the campground to pick up Bob and Mark everyone seemed a bit awkward with the situation, which is unfortunate.

Maybe it's because you were driving the wrong way down a one way street :lol: :lol: :lol: Actually, I didn't see you when you arrived to pick them up, and I didn't see you guys come back either or I would have gone over and said hello. But I was sitting a few campsites away with a few people enjoying a pre-dinner beer (appetizer) when we saw this big truck with Wild Fly Productions on the side of it drive by going the wrong way. We had a bit of a chuckle about how you would be banned from the campground for that ;) Glad you guys were able to get out on the river. And Barrie it was good to see you too. But you forgot the Groucho glasses! :o I agree, it was good to see everybody and to sit and chat face to face instead of monitor to monitor. About the only thing that I can report is that beer and wine still don't mix well (I should have learned that lesson in high school. Uh, I mean college). :P
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby Eric » September 21st, 2008, 5:57 pm

Barrie Mann wrote:To me this is what Fly fishing is all about. I didn't fish yesterday evening or this morning. But having the chance to meet old and new friends who share my love of the long rod and fly makes it all worthwhile. Thanks guys you made my week end for me.

Barrie that just says it all.
Eric
Eric

Postby flybob » September 22nd, 2008, 7:57 am

Barrie, the pleasure was all mine!
I was an honor to be in your company and share a few brews!
The evenings are just not long enough to share all the stories we have to offer!

Craig, It was great to finally me you, thanks for chauffeuring us up and down the river, I should of took that bet, but I don't gamble!
The jury is still out on the camera, but I did get some nice work above the bridge before the swim!
Funny, I really expected to see a lot of water spots on the pictures that were saved!

Bob
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby 1mocast » September 22nd, 2008, 7:37 pm

Barrie,
I had a great time at the Rendevous meeting up with you and everyone else out to support the SSFFC. To me its more than just fishing...like you said, meeting old friends and making new ones with the same passion for flyfishing. Thanks for coming by and sharing your fish stories...Hope to see you again on the waters.

Craig,
Thanks for taking the time to meet up with us, drive us around and showing us your hotspots. I had a great time. Hey, when you drop by our neck of the woods, give us a call and we can hit the waters...

As I was telling Bob, this weekend was what it is all about...I already can't wait till the next one...And a BIG thanks to Chiaki, Rob909, and many others who help put this 2008 Rendezvous together.
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Return to General Fly Fishing