REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Redington Warranty

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Redington Warranty

Postby fish-on-bro » February 9th, 2010, 11:19 pm

Guys, just wanted to put this out here. I recently broke my Redington RS4 9' 4wt and sent it in for the warranty service. Have to say everything turned out great. It only took from sending the rod in and getting it back, a week and a half. This is my first time using a rod warranty and I thought the turn around was super. Before I mailed the rod, I called the customer service to make sure everything was dialed in. While on the phone, the rep. treated me like gold, I like that. So I have to give the whole experience a thumbs up. I own alot of Redington's products and they have been good to me, first time having to use their warranty. The thing I like about Redington, is good quality at a good price. OK, just wanted to share.

Fish-on-bro, out....
fish-on-bro

Re: Redington Warranty

Postby RichardCullip » February 11th, 2010, 8:06 am

fish-on-bro wrote:Guys, just wanted to put this out here. I recently broke my Redington RS4 9' 4wt and sent it in for the warranty service. Have to say everything turned out great. It only took from sending the rod in and getting it back, a week and a half. This is my first time using a rod warranty and I thought the turn around was super. Before I mailed the rod, I called the customer service to make sure everything was dialed in. While on the phone, the rep. treated me like gold, I like that. So I have to give the whole experience a thumbs up. I own alot of Redington's products and they have been good to me, first time having to use their warranty. The thing I like about Redington, is good quality at a good price. OK, just wanted to share.

Fish-on-bro, out....

That's good to know. I've got one Redington rod (a 6wt CPS for saltwater). Hopefully I'll keep it in good shape and won't have to send it in for repairs, but I now know that Redington has great warranty service if I ever need it. In the past, I've had great warranty service from TFO (one week turn-around) and Sage (2-3 week turn around).
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Re: Redington Warranty

Postby briansII » February 11th, 2010, 10:53 am

I haven't had to use the warranty recently, but I have had good experience with Redington customer service. Back when Jim Murphy still ran the show, I had a reel that the foot wouldn't fit on _one_ Sage rod. I called, and they sent me 2 reel foots, with screws, at no charge. More recent, I had a buddy break the tip on a CPS, and it was fixed and sent back in a couple weeks.

Good gear and very good customer service.

briansII
briansII

Return to General Fly Fishing