REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Batting A 1,000

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Batting A 1,000

Postby briansII » February 11th, 2010, 3:32 pm

Just received back my TFO, Teeny 8wt. Sent it on 2/4/10. By my calculations, it took only 7 days for them to repair(broken off snake) it, and get the rod back in my hands. Nice!

I'm trying to think of a bad experience I've had with customer/warranty service. Was I ever unhappy with repairs, costs, turnaround times. <knocking on wood> Nope. Nothing. I have been satisfied to very happy. A few times I've been surprised at the lengths some companies go to to make me happy. I'm guessing it's not just me.....because I'm the pinnacle of Murphy's Law. Is this unique to the fly fishing industry. I can't think of another niche industry that has this type of service....granted, I don't get out much.

briansII
briansII

Re: Batting A 1,000

Postby Ming Moua » February 11th, 2010, 8:56 pm

Brian, I was just thinking about that too. How fast would i get my rod back if I sent it in?.....but sounds like they got your rod back to you fast so that answers my question.....I'm sending my TICRX tomorrow.....Thank Brian..... :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance: Ming
http://www.flycastfirst.com/ WHERE FLY FISHING BEGINS
Ming Moua

Postby RichardCullip » February 12th, 2010, 7:11 am

From my limited experience TFO gets rods repaired and sent back very quickly.
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Postby WanderingBlues » February 13th, 2010, 8:13 am

That's why I purchased two TFO's (a 2 & 5wt). I'm pretty sure I'll make good on using their warranty.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby flybob » February 16th, 2010, 1:29 pm

Good for you Brian! :rockon:

I really think if you buy quality, it should be backed with quality support!
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby fly addict » February 16th, 2010, 3:22 pm

The manufactures that make rods overseas don't even repair rods sent in for warranty work. They just take the broken piece and swap it out for a new one. If you have a rod made from Sage or T&T or any of the other high-end builders that is made in the US they will make a new piece. It takes much longer for the work to be done.

Mark
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby briansII » February 16th, 2010, 4:58 pm

fly addict wrote:The manufactures that make rods overseas don't even repair rods sent in for warranty work. They just take the broken piece and swap it out for a new one. If you have a rod made from Sage or T&T or any of the other high-end builders that is made in the US they will make a new piece. It takes much longer for the work to be done.

Mark

This time, TFO replaced the damaged section. I sent one back with cosmetic flaws in 2 sections, and they replaced the whole rod! Echo, they replaced a broken section in a little over a week. Cabelas, replaced the whole rod. A Redington I sent in(not mine), they replaced the broken section, and it took 2 weeks. High end: I've sent in damaged rods to Sage and Winston. Sage put a new top section on 2 rods I broke, and turnaround was about 2 weeks. Winston, on a non warranty, basically rebuilt the whole rod for a very reasonable cost. I told them up front I was in no hurry. I think it took a little over a month. Depending on the age of the rod, high end companies will repair it, or offer you a replacement if they don't have the original banks to repair it.

briansII
briansII

Return to General Fly Fishing