REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

I'm off to the big show

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

I'm off to the big show

Postby thtsarumr » March 17th, 2010, 10:13 pm

Thomas Paine wrote:
"If there must be war let it be in my day, that my children may have peace."

With that said the time has come for me to go fight another war. I should be back in the states around Novermber. Just in time for the Eastern Sierras to be getting good. I just want to wish all of my friends here at Fly Fishing Addicts tight lines.

For those of you who are wanting to send care packages to the troops or fly tying materials or whatever, I have my APO address to forward to you via PM at your request . All I ask is that you use discretion if you choose to share it with others. I could use some beads, black rubber legs, pheasant tails and some soft hen hackle for streamers.

I hope you all catch tons of fish and find some new places to take me when I get home.

Blu
Image There's a funny thing about that little white speck on top of chicken sh*!.... Well that little white speck, is chicken sh*! too.
thtsarumr

Re: I'm off to the big show

Postby Wildman » March 17th, 2010, 10:39 pm

Blu-
During World War II Winston Churchill once said, "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm". It was true then and is true now.

Here's to you and all the men and women who get on those planes and go off to faraway places where danger is just one of the things that can be devastating. I know you have done everything you can for your family in getting them ready and have a strong support team at home. It was a pleasure meeting you and fishing with you at the Kern. You and your fellow Marines will be in our thoughts and prayers as we follow your journey to that harsh and distant place. As you just did....let us know when you need something and we'll ship it off. It's the least we can do.

I've raised our special flag up on the ranch flagpole and it will stay there till your back with your family. It flew under a CH-47 my niece flew for the Army in Afghanistan and now flies for you and all who are there now.

We'll fish with you when you come back.

Jim

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby rkfiske » March 17th, 2010, 10:50 pm

Never met you Blu, but I wish the best for you over there and perhaps we'll share some water some time! Can't thank you enough for your service!
"The real truth is, convincing a fish to strike is like playing string with a cat: the exact size and color of the string is probably less important than how you wiggle it. And little cats are easier to fool than big ones." - John Gierach
rkfiske

Postby jazz on the fly » March 18th, 2010, 1:58 am

Hey Blu,

I've never met you, but everyone seems to think you're an outstanding guy. Thanks for your past, present, and future service. Good luck and come home safe so we can hit the river and slay some trout.

Andre
jazz on the fly

Postby stanbery » March 18th, 2010, 2:25 am

Blu

Stay safe over there.
The rebuild of your TXL 2wt is on the way, just waiting for the silk thread and the winding check, the feather I already have.

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby Pete » March 18th, 2010, 5:25 am

Blu,

God bless and keep your head down. When necessary hit em hard, fast and first. Thank you for your sacrifice.

Pete
Pete

Postby WanderingBlues » March 18th, 2010, 5:29 am

Keep yourself and your buddies out of sh*t. Maintain your humor. And post some pics and stories. I'm sure it would be the most read and commented upon threads in the forum. Stay safe,
Curtis & Family
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby RichardCullip » March 18th, 2010, 6:11 am

Blu

Stay safe over there. Thanks for your service. I hope to finally meet you this coming winter somewhere in the Eastern Sierra.
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Postby Autodave » March 18th, 2010, 6:18 am

Thanks for your service-be safe!
Autodave

Postby rayfound » March 18th, 2010, 6:45 am

Godspeed Blu, be safe we'll see you in the fall.
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby fly addict » March 18th, 2010, 7:36 am

Blu,
Stay out of trouble in that dusty dirty place. Were already planing a get together when you get back. The fish are ready.

Mark
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby duckdog » March 18th, 2010, 8:20 am

Blu,
i have never met you but hope that i will some day. my nextdoor nieghbor (Anthony) is a USMC NCO and will be going with you. i wil pray for both of your safe returns.
keep your eye's open and those windshieds super clean.GOD BLESS YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.
mike
duckdog

Postby thtsarumr » March 18th, 2010, 8:21 am

Thanks for all the kind words of support and encouragement. I have forwarded my APO address to Wildan(Jim), Stanberry(John) and Papaseqouia(Jon). So if I miss your request try to get a hold of one of them for it since it might be a couple weeks before I get settled in and can get back to you.

Thanks Blu
Image There's a funny thing about that little white speck on top of chicken sh*!.... Well that little white speck, is chicken sh*! too.
thtsarumr

Postby lucfish » March 18th, 2010, 8:27 am

God bless all of you.
lucfish

Postby Eric » March 18th, 2010, 8:28 am

My brother you be careful!!!!!!!! See you in Nov.
Tight lines
Eric
Eric

Next

Return to General Fly Fishing