REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Craig and Lisa's Anniversary

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Craig and Lisa's Anniversary

Postby Barrie Mann » November 2nd, 2008, 8:26 am

Today (Nov 2nd) is the wedding anniversary for Craig (Wildfly) and his lovely wife Lisa. I had the pleasure to meet both yesterday and spend a short time on the water with both. It was a pleasure to see a young couple devoted to each other and to learn that all Lisa wanted for the anniversary was to go Fly Fishing with her husband.
I'd like to thank them both for sharing some time with me as well as to be among the first on this Forum to wish them Happy Anniversary and wish them many more to come. :) :) :) :) :)
Barrie Mann

Re: Craig and Lisa's Anniversary

Postby RiverRat » November 2nd, 2008, 9:25 am

Happy Anniversary. Just one of many more to come!

shane
RiverRat

Postby midger » November 2nd, 2008, 9:28 am

Yeah, happy anniversary to you both. How many?
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby anacrime » November 2nd, 2008, 9:46 am

congrats guys 8-)
"Whenever I see a photograph of some sportsman grinning over his kill, I am always impressed by the striking moral and aesthetic superiority of the dead animal to the live one."
-Edward Abbey
anacrime

Postby RSetina » November 2nd, 2008, 9:51 am

Happy Anniversary Craig and Lisa! Enjoy your day and the many more to come.
Rick

Other Websites
TenkaraUSA
RSetina

Postby Eric » November 2nd, 2008, 9:53 am

Happy Anniversary Craig. Your better half wanted to go fishing on your anniversary :!: Your a lucky guy.
Eric
Eric

Postby Hammer » November 2nd, 2008, 10:07 am

Craig, word to the wise..Put your fly rod away today. Take her to a chick flick.. :lol:
Hammer

Postby Sasha » November 2nd, 2008, 10:13 am

Congrats!!!!!!!

So how many years has it been?
Sasha

Postby RichardCullip » November 2nd, 2008, 10:23 am

Happy anniversary. It was nice getting to finally meet the two of you in person instead of on-line. Breakfast with the gang was great and fishing in the rain seemed to hold down the normal Saturday crowds. I ended with 4 four the day, two before breakfast and two afterwards. Thanks for sharing part of your special day with me.
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Postby flybob » November 2nd, 2008, 10:29 am

Happy Anniversary Craig and Lisa! (thumbs up smiley goes here)

Many congrats to the both of youz!

Barrie, thanks for bringing this to our attention!
Bob
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby Benny » November 2nd, 2008, 10:44 am

WTG... Image
Benny

Postby darrin terry » November 2nd, 2008, 11:58 am

Happy Anniversary you two! Way to make her day by taking her fishing! :D :D :D
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby Papasequoia » November 2nd, 2008, 12:26 pm

Congrats! Image Jon
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby 1mocast » November 2nd, 2008, 2:21 pm

Happy Anniversary Craig and Lisa...
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby flygirl » November 2nd, 2008, 3:52 pm

Thanks everyone for wishing us a Happy Anniversary! We have been together for six years now and there will definately be many more to come. And for those of you that still don't believe Craig that it was my idea to go flyfishing, coming straight from my mouth (or my computer), it was my idea. I love the mountains and rivers and creeks and there is nothing I enjoy more than being in nature and with my husband. We had a great day despite the rain and it was very beautiful in Kernville. I did catch my first sucker.....although, maybe my second one! (love you babe! You know I am just kidding) I have to admit, I did start getting a little nervous when the river suddenly seemed to start flowing more and we were in the middle of the river trying to navigate through not so clear water. But we saw some great wildlife - saw two does and a buck and had some great food at KBC - my favorite place to eat in Kernville.

It was also great meeting everyone that had breakfast with us. I love learning about where people came from and how their surroundings and circumstances have shaped them into who they are today!

I also thank Craig for being a great husband and father. There are so many times that I would crumble under the pressures of life if he were not there leading our family and encouraging me to keep faith. I am also thankful that he stands up for what he believes in or against what is not right. I have this horrible curse of always feeling like I have to make everyone happy and so he has shown me by example that there are things we have to stand up for even if someone else might get offended. I love that quality in him although often times there are people that hate that quality in him.

One last thing before I get off of my soap box and you all stop vomiting from the cheeziness of it all......I appreciate all of you on this forum that support my husband and for loving flyfishing and our rivers. Some women often ask me how I can stand having my husband go out fishing and there are times when he fishes a lot and times when he can't get out as much. And there are times when I catch myself getting frustrated with it. But it always makes me think about the alternatives. What my husband could be going out and doing. And so I thank you guys for going out and spending time on the river and talking on a forum that promotes revitalization of our rivers and creeks and talks about loving a sport that does not disrespect or degrade women.

You guys are all great and you have provided so much support to Craig and the rest of our family. I love being a part of it all!

Thanks again for all of the anniversary wishes, they are much appreciated!

Lisa
I LOVE that MY HUSBAND thinks he gets away with stuff!
flygirl

Next

Return to General Fly Fishing