REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

More Ultralight News!

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

More Ultralight News!

Postby briansII » August 15th, 2011, 1:10 pm

Just what you UL guys have been waiting for. A $700, 10' 2wt., using "Konnetic technology"

http://www.sageflyfish.com/rods/specialty/esn

ESN stands for European Style Nymphing. I thought that was what the Sage 99 series was for, but I guess I was wrong. :oops: Now you can Czech, Polish, Spanish, French, Italian, whatever nymph, on a 2wt rod.

Get in line boyos. This one is going to go quick. :bananadance:

briansII
briansII

Re: More Ultralight News!

Postby NorcalBob » August 15th, 2011, 3:32 pm

Dang Brian, you're confused. You don't throw a bobber with the ESN rod, only on the Sage 99. Sheesh, everyone knows the Euro's don't sling bobbers! You see, you need to buy both to be an up and coming "name" fly flinger! :booty:
NorcalBob

Postby briansII » August 15th, 2011, 4:49 pm

NorcalBob wrote:Dang Brian, you're confused. You don't throw a bobber with the ESN rod, only on the Sage 99. Sheesh, everyone knows the Euro's don't sling bobbers! You see, you need to buy both to be an up and coming "name" fly flinger! :booty:

Bobbers! :doh: :doh: I completely forgot about that. That's why I didn't buy any 99s. ;)

I'm not 100% sure what "Euro Nymphing" is, so maybe I don't have to buy an ESN rod. :bananadance:

.........I'm screwed if they come out with a rainbow trout or striper rod. :(

briansII
briansII

Postby WanderingBlues » August 15th, 2011, 6:16 pm

I think that Euro-nymphing is popular in the red light district of Ansterdam, isn't it?
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby silverlaker » August 15th, 2011, 9:37 pm

"I think that Euro-nymphing is popular in the red light district of Ansterdam, isn't it?"

just don't ask what the bobber is used for...
Fish always lose by being "got in and dressed." It is best to weigh them while they are in the water. The only really large one I ever caught got away with my leader when I first struck him. He weighed ten pounds. —Charles Dudley Warner
silverlaker

Return to General Fly Fishing