REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

One More Time...

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: One More Time...

Postby lucfish » August 19th, 2011, 7:52 am

I'll be mailing my check as soon as I find Stanberrys address.
lucfish

Postby ptflashback » August 19th, 2011, 9:52 pm

Jim:

That's awesome. I'd be more than happy to make the counters for anyone who chips in. Send me a PM with the magic number and consider it done.

By the way, the only "tens" I've dropped lately are for walkin'. Hope to get back in the game soon. Take care.
ptflashback

Postby stanbery » August 21st, 2011, 8:43 pm

If sending a check please make it out to Jon Stanbery

Here is the list of users that have already sent in the money so far.
User Name
1morecast
wildman
OCMike
Rob909
FlyBob
Richard Cullip
Dr. Creek
Stanbery
brianii
CopperDropper
tomsakai
Bernard
riverrat
tree catcher
I do want to thank a Mystery user donation for their very kind donation to a very worthy cause.

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby Wildman » August 21st, 2011, 10:48 pm

Copy that, Captain Dave! Thanks.

And thanks to everyone who has chipped in. As I leave for a solo 3 day backpack trip to the Sierras, I do so with a glad heart that I hang with such nice people.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby Papasequoia » August 21st, 2011, 11:50 pm

I have one of these players that hasn't been used in over a year. I was planning to donate the whole thing, but the teenagers got wind of it and protested that they still wanted to use it the next time we take a long road trip. (These things are great to keep kids quiet in the backseat too!) So, I will send in some cash as the next best thing when I have a moment, Jon. Jon
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby RiverRat » August 22nd, 2011, 6:48 am

Good idea! Donation sent.

shane
RiverRat

Postby tree catcher » August 22nd, 2011, 8:54 pm

Great idea donation otw via paypal

Sean
tree catcher

Postby stanbery » August 23rd, 2011, 9:07 pm

Sean and Sean

Got the paypal.

Thanks

Jon
stanbery

Postby Packer » August 24th, 2011, 9:20 am

Paypal donation sent. Hope the best for Sherry and Rick.
Thanks, Tim :)/`~~~---<*})))><
....................................................................................................................................HOLD MY BEAR AND WATCH THIS!
Packer

Postby FlyinFish » August 24th, 2011, 9:50 am

Just saw this. Must have missed it before for some reason. Sounds like a terrific idea!

Jon, I'll get you a donation Sat morning. Remind me as we rig up if I forget.
FlyinFish

Postby stanbery » August 24th, 2011, 7:07 pm

Packer and Papa
Received your Paypals.

Arvin

See you on Saturday.

Jon
stanbery

Postby beachbum » August 24th, 2011, 7:12 pm

I'm in, and will see Jon on saturday morning. Thank you Jim!
Set the hook!
beachbum

Postby stanbery » August 24th, 2011, 7:17 pm

Updated list:
1morecast
wildman
OCMike
Rob909
FlyBob
Richard Cullip
Dr. Creek
stanbery
brianii
CopperDropper
tomsakai
Bernard
Riverrat
tree catcher
packer
Papasequoia
meb
NorcalBob
tenandtwo
beachbum
fluterfly
lucfish

We also have 2 poeple that wanted to remain nameless as well that have doanted.

Thanks to everyone this is going to be great!!

Jon
stanbery

Postby Wildman » August 28th, 2011, 8:32 am

To a special person who took noticed and quietly shared....Thank you all for your kindness and generosity! For all of the Addicts who have been so generous....thank you!

Now...there is another element that goes along with all of this. Forum Photographers: We have some folks who are very good at photography. I am currently working on a project for an additional two of our forum member's wives who face challenges. Would like to send series of DVDs with about 30 minutes of photos cut to mellow and soothing music. I have been sending some out and they seem to have been well received. The ones I am sending are simply photos I have taken of things I find pleasing. I've been sending them to Sherry all along. There are nothing special....my animal and bird pics...landscapes.. our horses and draft horses, fishing and fish and wildlife from our ranch. I just put them together in IPHOTO...IMOVIE and IDVD and ship them off. The forum is currently raising money to donate some portable dvd players for the onocology unit at the hospital where Sherry was treated so other patients can view those restful videos or whatever they wished to watch during the hours of infusion.

I am asking members of the forum who are photographers if you would be willing to add to the mix. Even your culls would be better then my best efforts. They would never be published other then in the 3 dvds we are providing to our forum members wives. I currently use 250-300 photos per dvd at about 3-4 seconds screen time with simple dissolves in between and some incredible instrumental music with opening and closing titles and credits. If you wish and have the time....I would be happy to have you send me a Quicktime movies with your music embedded. When we mentioned this to Doug and he told his wife, she said she loves the photos she sees here on the forum and said she would love to see our photos.

I realize this is quite a request and also understand that most of you are a busy with family, work and fishing. If you would be willing to take an hour or so and select some photos....I am sure willing to spend the time to put them together....along with everyone else's and get them out. I would appreciate you thinking about sharing some of your stuff with these remarkable families and we really would like to send a compilation from all the forum members.

Feel free to call me at 760 218 4316 anytime soon if you have questions.

Thanks for your consideration.

Jim Wilkins
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby RSetina » August 31st, 2011, 12:34 pm

Wow! I just saw this. I didn't even know it was here. Thanks everyone for your donations. We donated too to help the Warriors, (Sherry's name for cancer fighter), who will be doing battle after her. She's doing great by the way. Chemo and Radiation are done. Six more month of Hercepton Therapy and she can go back to work! PET scan was clear too and she's anxious to go fishing. Soon.
Rick

Other Websites
TenkaraUSA
RSetina

PreviousNext

Return to General Fly Fishing