REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

I've been wasting my time !!

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: I've been wasting my time !!

Postby Dry Fly Rie » August 28th, 2011, 8:11 pm

"Y'all that's a nice bass"

Brutal!!!
Dry Fly Rie

Postby mike.s » August 28th, 2011, 8:41 pm

I was going to rip the guy too until i remembered that most of the limits of bluefin and yellowfin tuna i caught on a 2 day off shore trip out of SD on thursday and friday were brought closer to the boat after jig strikes by chumming scoops of dines and chovies...
so never mind :D
mike.s

Postby mike.s » August 28th, 2011, 8:46 pm

Sasha, at least he's using a fly rod :mrgreen:
now he just needs to put on a fly :mrgreen:
mike.s

Postby beachbum » August 28th, 2011, 8:47 pm

I admit I have tossed a grass a hoppa along an undercut bank to see what might come out and eat it. 8-)
Set the hook!
beachbum

Postby lucfish » August 29th, 2011, 8:37 am

I must admit after seeing the bass video we used to do something similar :oops: Years ago the bonito ran with some consistancy in Redondo harbor and we would flyfish for them, but some trips they just were not actively biting the fly at all so we would pin an anchovy and put an "indicator" 4 feet down and catch a few that way.I plead insanity and I'm sure I wouldn't do it again but at the time it was a way to get a few when the fishing was so slow. I think what gets people about the chumming is what they chumming for. Throwing anchovys and sardines out for saltwater species would not be considered inappropriate but for trout it's like cheating at least to a flyfishing type.
lucfish

Postby briansII » August 29th, 2011, 9:42 am

Stares into the camera. "so it's...........really........ really .........................................................perfect..................accurate, chumming."

I haven't decided if this guy is goofy, or creepy. :? :lol: :lol:

I don't know. Maybe I'm just mellowing out as I get older. That video doesn't bother me 1/2 as much as some fly fishing videos. You know the ones. Some yahoo is taking a grip and grin shot of a fish he plans to release. Dry hands, or worse, cradling the fish against their body. Keeping fish out of the water way too long. This guy is clearly fishing a stocked, urban pond. If he doesn't catch those fish to take home to eat(I assume), then they die on their own in the coming weeks. As someone else stated, chumming is just another method of fishing. May not be our cup of tea, but perfectly legal in some areas.

Anyone ever fly fish Baja? How about wading the San Juan. ;)

briansII
briansII

Postby silverlaker » August 29th, 2011, 1:58 pm

well... hmm. He really seems to enjoy catching fish. I love catching fish and I also turn around to adjust the camera with a fish-on. One time I even put the rod down, took a *, and then landed the fish. Thank god for brabs!! What a *. Whats the point if easier ≠ more reward? I also don't understand this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxLXpeFA ... re=related
well, maybe some of the more superficial parts...

Tom
Fish always lose by being "got in and dressed." It is best to weigh them while they are in the water. The only really large one I ever caught got away with my leader when I first struck him. He weighed ten pounds. —Charles Dudley Warner
silverlaker

Postby briansII » August 29th, 2011, 2:42 pm

Sasha wrote:Not sure which one is worse :?

That's the coolest streamer I've seen in a while! Really life-like action. :lol:

briansII
briansII

Postby Artin » August 29th, 2011, 7:58 pm

briansII wrote:
Sasha wrote:Not sure which one is worse :?

That's the coolest streamer I've seen in a while! Really life-like action. :lol:

briansII

hehe, he.... hehehe. I didn't catch that, was this duche throwing a size 8 talapia pattern?

Artin
ethics is something you do when no one is watching
Artin

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing