REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Lucfish's custom Curly Claro Walnut net COMPLETE

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Lucfish's custom Curly Claro Walnut net COMPLETE

Postby Fishfreak911 » March 29th, 2012, 10:38 am

It's been a real pleaure working with Luc on this net. He visited me a week or two ago and we ironed out some issues with how to mount the Measure Net. Some of you may recall that I posted earlier pics where the Measure net was mounted so that it covered the hoop. After conferring with Luc, we figured out a nice way to mount it so that it looks like it was intended to be mounted this way all along. I must thank Luc for enabling me to push myself out of my comfort zone and try something new. The measure net looks great and will look even better once the bottom half of the zipper, and accompanying tag, is removed by taking out the machine stitching that holds it on.

The net handle is extremely refractive curly Claro Walnut that changes stripes as you move the net. You almost have to see it to believe it. While shifting your viewing angle of the net, certain dark stripes disappear as others reappear-Natures magic trick. The same thing goes for the Curly Maple strips which make up the hoop along with Black Walnut. The inlaid hand-carved Royal Wulff is aluminum, as is Luc's Signature at the butt of the handle.

The new Leather Magnetic Net Release is something I have been working on for over 6 months and is making it's online debut here. I am very happy with the design at this point. The wooden portion, which attached to Luc's vest, is made of figured Claro Walnut to match the net -handle.

The Net Safety Lanyard is hand made using Paracord to painstakingly cover a curly-cue plastic lanyard. The hardware is stainless steel and aluminum.

As I type, Luc is due to arrive to pick her up. Thanks a bunch Luc and Happy Fishing! Make sure to shoot me some pics of you, the net, fish, whatever, and I will get them up on my website too.

Thanks for looking.

Greg
Greg<><
Creating the finest custom flyfishing nets on the planet is my passion!

http://www.Sierra-Nets.com
Fishfreak911

Re: Lucfish's custom Curly Claro Walnut net COMPLETE

Postby Swanee » March 29th, 2012, 10:55 am

All I can say is WOW! That is really beautful craftmanship and materials with real class. well done.
Swanee
Swanee

Postby Milt Spawn » March 29th, 2012, 12:04 pm

I think I would have a locator chip embedded inside just in case. A work of art! Finest nets I've ever seen. milt.
Milt Spawn

Postby dray » March 29th, 2012, 12:20 pm

WOW that one came out super nice. Luc is lucky! I like the leather magnet catch too. Great job Greg.
dray

Postby briansII » March 29th, 2012, 12:52 pm

That is a serious piece!!! :o

He should be knocking on your door any minute. :D

briansII
briansII

Postby Benny » March 29th, 2012, 1:18 pm

Nice work as usual Greg, another happy customer.
Benny

Postby lucfish » March 29th, 2012, 3:03 pm

You guys need to feel it to believe it. I don't even know how to describe how the handle feels in your hands. It's like slippery glass it's that smooth, not a bump or imperfection at all. Greg did an unbelievable job. That's my signature on the handle. I wanted it personalized and gave Greg what my signature looked like and he copied it perfectly. I'm pretty blown away by that. This net is special and will only be used for trout so you may not see it in alot of pictures. (Was supposed to go to the east side this week-end but the weather scared us off) When I'm done I'm going to hand this down to my boy. I'm thinking of getting a couple more nets made for a close friend and my brother for birthday presents seeing that they have taken me all over the US on their dime to fish for tarpon, steelhead and trout. I think they would make great presents. If you are considering getting one you should do it asap as when I ordered mine he had 6 on order and now he has a backlog of 30.
lucfish

Postby CopperDropper » March 29th, 2012, 3:22 pm

Greg -

Another work of art my friend. Well done indeed. Congratulations Luc!

Gary
CopperDropper

Postby darrin terry » March 29th, 2012, 4:05 pm

Wow! That is definitely something to hand down to a kid. Congrats on your new net Luc. Greg, another beautiful piece. :D :D :D
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby Artin » March 29th, 2012, 6:02 pm

What an amazing show of craftsmanship! Luc you're a lucky man my friend. I would be afraid to use it personally it looks so nice. But I know Greg would be upset if I didn't.

Very nicely done!

Artin
ethics is something you do when no one is watching
Artin

Postby fishabuoy » March 29th, 2012, 6:40 pm

WOW :o awesome product! Congrats Luc - that will be a family heirloom for years and years!

Greg - still hoping to see you in FWW. Your work deserves the notice - extremely high level of craftsmanship!

best-
Bob V
fishabuoy

Postby 1mocast » March 29th, 2012, 10:20 pm

Another Beautiful work of art! All I can say is WOW....
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby flybob » March 31st, 2012, 10:42 am

WOW! :o

Absolutely stunning!

Now I can't wait!

Wonder where I am in the cue of 30?
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Return to General Fly Fishing