REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Get out and fish.

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Get out and fish.

Postby silverlaker » May 1st, 2012, 5:19 pm

hey, nice fish! and a road trip too? sound like a great time.
Fish always lose by being "got in and dressed." It is best to weigh them while they are in the water. The only really large one I ever caught got away with my leader when I first struck him. He weighed ten pounds. —Charles Dudley Warner
silverlaker

Postby borntoflyfish » May 1st, 2012, 6:43 pm

I'd like to start by saying if any of you have a chance to go fishing with Ariel and Karen. You had better take them up on it.
Their both a couple of class acts and they know what they are doing when on the water. Very good fly-fisher women.
I've got to know Ariel quite good the passed year and a half. And I consider her a very good friend And I only hope we know each other for many years to come. I sure enjoyed the time on the water with her even if it was to short.
God only knows I tried to get her behind some fish. But with the bad weather and the fish didn't want to come out and play.
The best part of the get together was the meal and good conversation.
Karen even gave me a good laugh one time. I looked over and she was giving mickey (our dog) and good belly rub.
He sure ate that up.
I been trying to down load some pictures to my photobucket account and it looks like I may have to find a new image hosting site.
I'll give the invite to any one of you on the forum. That if you ever make it up this way and want to do some fishing.
I'd be more than willing to take you out. I'd fish with any of you on this forum. I've always got a few flies to share. :rockon:
Good job on that Rainbow Ariel. I hope to get something like that this year. I'm sure he swam away fat and sassy. 8-)
borntoflyfish

Postby dray » May 1st, 2012, 8:59 pm

Nice report. Putting in the miles, seeing the sights and fishing new places, I like it.
dray

Postby Montana Angler » May 8th, 2012, 12:49 pm

Where did you fish in Montana? The fishing has been outstanding this spring - some of the best spring fishing that we have seen in several years. The Mother's day caddis is currently a blanket hatch on the Madison and Yellowstone each afternoon.
Montana Angler

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing