REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

New Old guy checking in

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

New Old guy checking in

Postby Which Way Out » May 21st, 2012, 9:41 am

Hello everyone. I just signed up and hope to contribute as much as I can.

I don't Fly fish a lot, but if I am in waters that are good for that sort of thing I love too.
Thanks for having such a great site to go to.
Bill aka WWO
l
l___ ____
l/|. ,[____],
l---L-=OlllllllO_
()_)- ( )_)-~--)_)
Which Way Out

Re: New Old guy checking in

Postby anacrime » May 21st, 2012, 9:50 am

All waters are good for "that sort of thing" ;)

Welcome. You'll find yourself at home here with a multitude of over old dudes 8-)
"Whenever I see a photograph of some sportsman grinning over his kill, I am always impressed by the striking moral and aesthetic superiority of the dead animal to the live one."
-Edward Abbey
anacrime

Postby Which Way Out » May 21st, 2012, 2:56 pm

anacrime wrote:All waters are good for "that sort of thing" ;)

Welcome. You'll find yourself at home here with a multitude of over old dudes 8-)

You are right about that. Just haven't invested into all the different rods that it takes to do the different waters. I have tried the local surf with my 5wt but I find it a bit small unless I hit the harbor, which I do occasionally.
Thanks for the welcome.

WWO
l
l___ ____
l/|. ,[____],
l---L-=OlllllllO_
()_)- ( )_)-~--)_)
Which Way Out

Postby darrin terry » May 21st, 2012, 3:10 pm

Welcome! Always nice seeing new folks here.

So, I was going to ask what the heck was up with you signature, but then it hit me.

This:

l
l__ _____
l/|. ,[____],
l---L-=OlllllllO_
()_)- ( )_)-~--)_)

is a Jeep. Wrangler with CB antenna? :lol: Cool.
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby WanderingBlues » May 21st, 2012, 4:39 pm

Welcome aboard. That signature is seriously cool!
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby Which Way Out » May 22nd, 2012, 7:38 am

Darrin Terry wrote:Welcome! Always nice seeing new folks here.

So, I was going to ask what the heck was up with you signature, but then it hit me.

This:

l
l__ _____
l/|. ,[____ ],
l---L-=OlllllllO_
()_)- ( )_)-~--)_)

is a Jeep. Wrangler with CB antenna? :lol: Cool.

Yep its a Wrangler. Also correct on the CB antenna, however the real Jeep now also has a 2 meter Ham Radio antenna. I got my Ham License back in Feb. Makes a big difference when out with my buddies. Also going to add a 10 Meter radio I picked up the other day. It won't be long before my poor Jeep is gonna look like a Porcupine :lol:

WWO
l
l___ ____
l/|. ,[____],
l---L-=OlllllllO_
()_)- ( )_)-~--)_)
Which Way Out

Postby Pete » May 22nd, 2012, 5:57 pm

Bill,

Welcome to the forum. And thank you for the donation to the CFR / PHW Super Raffle.

Goleta huh? We might have to meet up down there and you can show me the ropes. There are several of us located in the San Luis Obispo area.

Love the Jeep. Good thing Darrin figured it out for me. As soon as he said it was a Jeep, it stood out like a sore thumb. :bananadance: :bananadance:

Pete
Pete

Postby Which Way Out » May 24th, 2012, 5:56 pm

Pete wrote:Bill,

Welcome to the forum. And thank you for the donation to the CFR / PHW Super Raffle.

Goleta huh? We might have to meet up down there and you can show me the ropes. There are several of us located in the San Luis Obispo area.

Love the Jeep. Good thing Darrin figured it out for me. As soon as he said it was a Jeep, it stood out like a sore thumb. :bananadance: :bananadance:

Pete

Sure Pete, your welcome on the donation and anytime you are down this way I would like to fish with you guys.

I found this site from Greg Madrigal posting on FNN. I love the nets he builds. I tried to get my wife to get me one for Christmas last year. ;)

I did meet some guys fly fishing the beach at La Conchita that were from SLO not long ago, even a few from Bakersfield. I have to be honest I don't fly fish very often, I like it, even was a SBFF club member for awhile. Just found something else that takes a lot of my time. I do A LOT of surf fishing the So Cal way. I use my Simms Waders and get in the surf and cast Lucky Craft lures. Done well on the Halibut and Perch. But one day I would love to catch a keeper size Halibut on a Fly rod. That I am sure is fun.

Ya I get comments on the Jeep thing a lot. I tried to put a smiliey in it as well but didn't look so good. I think I will try something else and see how it looks
WWO
l
l___ ____
l/|. ,[____],
l---L-=OlllllllO_
()_)- ( )_)-~--)_)
Which Way Out

Postby RSetina » May 24th, 2012, 8:04 pm

Welcome! And yeah, the jeep is cool. I was trying to figure it out and when I saw Jeep, I saw it right away. If you stick around long enough, someone will get you out with a fly rod quite a bit.
Rick

Other Websites
TenkaraUSA
RSetina

Postby Which Way Out » May 25th, 2012, 5:21 pm

RSetina wrote:Welcome! And yeah, the jeep is cool. I was trying to figure it out and when I saw Jeep, I saw it right away. If you stick around long enough, someone will get you out with a fly rod quite a bit.

Thanks Rick.
Anytime fishing is good with me, Fly rod or otherwise.
l
l___ ____
l/|. ,[____],
l---L-=OlllllllO_
()_)- ( )_)-~--)_)
Which Way Out

Postby 1mocast » May 26th, 2012, 3:15 pm

WWO,
Those bass like the harbors. The way I look at it, you can throw an costly lure to the pilings and loose it vs. a fly you can tie for under a buck. This applies to lakes and streams too.

Now acquiring the FF gear is another story...Welcome aboard.
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby Fishfreak911 » June 11th, 2012, 12:35 am

Hey there WWO! Welcome, welcome to FAA!

You'll like it here. As Rick (RSetina) mentioned, if you stick around, you'll get out with a few of these guys and may even learn a thing or two!

Keep working on her buddy. I'm thinking this year is the year for a new net! (Gift certificates available too!!) :bananadance:
Greg<><
Creating the finest custom flyfishing nets on the planet is my passion!

http://www.Sierra-Nets.com
Fishfreak911

Return to General Fly Fishing