REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Backpacking meals

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Backpacking meals

Postby briansII » July 21st, 2009, 7:36 pm

castaway wrote:Never thought about it till now..

streamside sashimi...(Im not a fan of eating trout... but might work for someone??)

Bring a lemon or a lime and salt, and maybe some type of seasoning or onion. thats it (going with the no stove concept).

Catch a fish in the morning... wrap it in tin foil with lime/lemon put in plastic bag.. hide in stream to keep cool.

Crap... reading this thread again got me hungry.

Another staple of my backpacking diet...
Those tuna packages ... just rip the top off and put on tortilla with some good hot sauce.

I realize your kidding....you were, weren't you? :lol: Eating any raw, fresh water fish is not advised. Too many parasites to worry about. Not sure if trying to make ceviche out of it will help. Maybe pickled in Wild Turkey would help?

I'm a Mountain House kinda guy. Easy, taste good, and no dishes/pans to wash. I supplement with high calorie junk like protien/candy bars, *, and cigars. I usually wait for a end of the season sale, and buy my MH meals. By the way, I down a 2 serving meal for dinner. :oops:

briansII
briansII

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing