REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

I'm off to the big show

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: I'm off to the big show

Postby briansII » March 18th, 2010, 8:32 am

Thank you very much for your service. Godspeed Blu.

briansII
briansII

Postby darrin terry » March 18th, 2010, 9:39 am

Blu…

What can I say that the others have not already said? No a lot, I think. Still, I think it bears repeating…Take care and be careful! Obviously, if you find yourself in any nastiness, do what you have to do. I know you guys watch each others back and I have seen how close the bonds are between those who serve in the worst of situations can be. I have no doubt that you and your fellow Marines will get each other through your tours and back to your families when your part of the job is done. Again, be as safe as you can and thanks for your service. It is truly appreciated.

Darrin
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby Rockstar Fisherman » March 18th, 2010, 10:31 am

Good luck and stay safe over there. Thank you for your services, maybe when you get back we can still have a small window of opportunitiy to get into those big brookies!

Mike
"Live life before you die"
States fished: AZ, CA, NV, OR, WY, MT, IN, WI, ID, UT
Foreign Countries fished: CZ, NZ, SL, PL, CI
Rockstar Fisherman

Postby midger » March 18th, 2010, 11:59 am

From an old military guy to a youngun', stay safe and keep your sense of humor while you're away. I'll get your list of tying stuff desired from Jon (papaSmurf), and if there's anything they don't send that you may need, just post it here, and I'm sure it will arrive in the sandbox pretty quickly.

Semper Fi (Gosh you don't know how much it hurts a Zoomie to utter that, but I have worked with many folks from every service branch as an old chief of tactical airlift flunky, and truly thank you for your service!)
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby Artin » March 18th, 2010, 1:15 pm

Blu,
I also never met you.
I hope that you will be kept from harms way and return safe to you family and friends. I am sure it's a very difficult time for you r family while you are away.
May god bless you and all our service men and women who go bravely into harms way! We would be lost without you and your families sacrifices. As well as all the other brave men and women who choose to protect us!

Thank you...

I will get on that list for sure, tie some yellow hollow points, get a 10wt with shooting head line and practice your long distance accuracy! Till you get back.
Rock on Brotha! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Artin
ethics is something you do when no one is watching
Artin

Postby Sasha » March 18th, 2010, 1:16 pm

Blu,

Stay safe over there, and thank you for your service!
Sasha

Postby 1mocast » March 18th, 2010, 4:30 pm

Stay Safe!
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby thtsarumr » March 19th, 2010, 8:39 am

Thanks all,

I will get a list of stuff we could use once we get in country and forward it to anyone willing to help out. See you all later.

Blu
Image There's a funny thing about that little white speck on top of chicken sh*!.... Well that little white speck, is chicken sh*! too.
thtsarumr

Postby fflutterffly » March 19th, 2010, 8:45 am

Send me your address. What ever you need I will try to send. IDEA: If we all want to a nice donation package for one shipping I'd be glad to handle the $$$$ posting. Blu. Post a full list of needs and we could tick them off.
EVERY DAY A VICTORY, EVERY YEAR A TRIUMPH
fflutterffly

Postby fly_baby » March 19th, 2010, 2:30 pm

Blu,

Thank you for your service to our country. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Be well and stay safe!

Ava
Carpe Diem does not mean 'fish of the day'
fly_baby

Postby thtsarumr » March 21st, 2010, 8:34 pm

See you all next season. Be safe on the water. For those who haven't recieved my apo addy ill get it to you as soon as possible or get with Jim or the Jons or Eric or Mark or the rest of the addicts who do. Please keep me and my family in your prayers. :grouphug:

Blu.
Image There's a funny thing about that little white speck on top of chicken sh*!.... Well that little white speck, is chicken sh*! too.
thtsarumr

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing