REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Well Wishes for Tree Catcher

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Well Wishes for Tree Catcher

Postby tree catcher » April 28th, 2010, 8:20 am

Wow, Thanks alot for the well wishes. I have a broken knee cap and some road rash. I am just glad that I always wear gear, like a helmet, leather jacket and gloves. I will have to have surgery next week sometime to put the kneecap back into place. Kind of wierd looking at the side view of the knee and seeing the kneecap in half with about a half inch seperation between the two. Looks like I am going to get some screws put in there and will now set off metal detectors.
I was riding home from work on Monday was hit by an out of control car that had his brakes locked up. It is just upsetting that because one person was not paying attention to traffic, that I will miss out on some great fishing in the locals in the next month or so. That and a 28 year old motorcycle now needs lots of help to get it back into shape. It wasnt perfect but I really enjoyed it. Now I am on the waiting game to see whose fault it was in the CHP's eye's. Here's to hoping that the cameras on the freeway saw something since there were no witnesses that I know of. Thanks again for the well wishes. No fishing reports from me unless its on xbox.
tree catcher

Postby Sasha » April 28th, 2010, 8:30 am

Crap, how did I miss this thread :oops:

Get better soon Tree Catcher!!!! There are fish to be caught!!!!!!!!!!
Sasha

Postby Pete » April 28th, 2010, 10:06 am

tree catcher wrote:Wow, Thanks alot for the well wishes. I have a broken knee cap and some road rash. I am just glad that I always wear gear, like a helmet, leather jacket and gloves. I will have to have surgery next week sometime to put the kneecap back into place. Kind of wierd looking at the side view of the knee and seeing the kneecap in half with about a half inch seperation between the two. Looks like I am going to get some screws put in there and will now set off metal detectors.
I was riding home from work on Monday was hit by an out of control car that had his brakes locked up. It is just upsetting that because one person was not paying attention to traffic, that I will miss out on some great fishing in the locals in the next month or so. That and a 28 year old motorcycle now needs lots of help to get it back into shape. It wasnt perfect but I really enjoyed it. Now I am on the waiting game to see whose fault it was in the CHP's eye's. Here's to hoping that the cameras on the freeway saw something since there were no witnesses that I know of. Thanks again for the well wishes. No fishing reports from me unless its on xbox.

Man, that just hurts. I'm no doctor but, I don't think knee caps are meant to be in halves. Do you tie flies? Now might be a good time to start. Good luck with the surgery and fast healing.

Pete
Pete

Postby tree catcher » April 28th, 2010, 12:13 pm

[/quote]
Man, that just hurts. I'm no doctor but, I don't think knee caps are meant to be in halves. Do you tie flies? Now might be a good time to start. Good luck with the surgery and fast healing.

Pete[/quote]

Yes I tie flies, I was going to go to Bass Pro today to pick up some materials , but decided that the walk to the flyshop would kill my armpits from the abrasion from the crutches. But I have plenty of material right now and will keep my hands busy and fill up a few fly boxes... LOL going to need more fly boxes.

Sean
tree catcher

Postby briansII » April 28th, 2010, 12:40 pm

OUCH!!!!!!

Hope you heal well, and quickly. From a former street rider, keep the shiny side up.

briansII
briansII

Postby 1mocast » April 28th, 2010, 5:50 pm

I would say that if you really had the FF urge, you can hit up the fishing platforms on the WF.

:doh: They are still closed!

Have fun tying flies...
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby flybob » April 28th, 2010, 7:48 pm

Hey Sean, glad to see/hear you are in good spirits and have a sense of humor!

It is kinda weird when you look at one of your appendages and you just know that it just aint right! :shock:

Sean, send me your address, and I will send you a couple of patterns that are really hot in our locals, you can have some fun copying them!

Bob
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby Papasequoia » April 28th, 2010, 8:39 pm

flybob wrote:Sean, send me your address, and I will send you a couple of patterns that are really hot in our locals, you can have some fun copying them!

Be careful if you get a "package" from Bob and it is ticking and has wires sticking out of it. He might be trying to take out the competition for most accident prone fly fisher. ;)
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby RSetina » April 28th, 2010, 9:25 pm

Hope you get better soon after surgery. Had a friend get hit by a car on a MC and I know how long the recovery can be. He's a UPS driver and he made it back to work and the package car. Just take the time and recover. Everything else will work out.
Rick

Other Websites
TenkaraUSA
RSetina

Postby tomsakai » April 28th, 2010, 10:51 pm

Best wishes for a fast and complete recovery. the fish will be waiting for you. This might be a good time to hit up Marriott's internet site for a fly materials order. Tom.
tomsakai

Postby tree catcher » April 29th, 2010, 9:06 am

Papasequoia wrote:
flybob wrote:Sean, send me your address, and I will send you a couple of patterns that are really hot in our locals, you can have some fun copying them!

Be careful if you get a "package" from Bob and it is ticking and has wires sticking out of it. He might be trying to take out the competition for most accident prone fly fisher. ;)

If that happens I will reset the timer and send it back :funnyup:

Thanks guys for the laughs Kind of helps the pain go away, then you start laughing all over and find new areas that hurt. Will say this, after yesterday, I found out that walking a block on crutches can be exhausting.

Sean
tree catcher

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing