REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Ultralight Bling

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Ultralight Bling

Postby RichardCullip » August 15th, 2011, 9:37 am

DrCreek wrote:
wildfly wrote:
...And here is another good reel I've owned that pairs well with 1 through 3 wt rods. It's small, lightweight, and isn't too flashy:

So... where is the on/off switch?

It's always on so there's no need for a switch ;) ;)
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Postby hpskiff » September 1st, 2011, 10:46 pm

This one has bling to spare: Kind of old school spoked rims meets brass knuckles.
Mitchell
hpskiff

Postby madonafly » September 2nd, 2011, 12:52 pm

hpskiff wrote:This one has bling to spare: Kind of old school spoked rims meets brass knuckles.

I actually have that reel.....awesome for palming.

My opinion is different manufacturers have a different idea as to what a Large Arbor is. Some LARGE ARBOR are the same as others Mid Arbor . Like the Galvan and others like that, to me they are more a mid or wide arbor. Large arbor are more like the original Battenkill LA's or Windflys reel. Ones that you are lucky to get 50 yrds of 20 lb backing.

Looking at the reels of Brian II. The first picture of the Sage and CFO. The first 30' of the line is about the same diameter isn't it? I mean, you fill a Traditional up with backing to where the hub is about the same size as a large arbor. Only it is backing (Or Foam) instead of the reel hub.
Here is the CFO, the Battenkill LA I, and a Spring Creek

Get a good line and no worries about Memory or stretching. I do have a Battenkill LA I on my 2 wt. , but the reel is smaller than a CFO. About 50' not yards of backing and good to go.
Speaking of Hardy, I just scored "The Test" man what a sweet little rod.

madonafly

Postby WanderingBlues » September 2nd, 2011, 1:40 pm

madonafly wrote:Speaking of Hardy, I just scored "The Test" man what a sweet little rod.

Sweet looking set up.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby Wildman » September 2nd, 2011, 4:34 pm

Dude...where did you get the bug. I stole it from Papa and it looks like Angie stole it from me.....and you stole it from Angie? What a tangled web....

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby madonafly » September 2nd, 2011, 4:46 pm

Heck I don't remember, I have been using it on another forum for close to two years now. Funny stuff.
madonafly

Postby Wildman » September 2nd, 2011, 6:36 pm

Do you notice how they synchronize their movement? :D
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing