REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Horse Hair Leaders

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Horse Hair Leaders

Postby Wildman » November 5th, 2011, 8:21 am

I pulled pretty hard before it broke and it was a direct pull....not dampened by the action of the rod. I was very, very impressed. I think Rick had already caught some fish on the horse hair. Rick, when you and Sherry come by the place, we can gather another bundle. I have three horses with blonde, floor length tails that love to be groomed that you can gather your own materials. The simplicity of the whole process is pretty amazing.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby lucfish » November 5th, 2011, 8:50 am

Ineresting how the old stuff still works, imagine that. Hey Jim, do you have horses with transparent tails? :lol:
lucfish

Postby Wildman » November 5th, 2011, 1:32 pm

lucfish wrote:Ineresting how the old stuff still works, imagine that. Hey Jim, do you have horses with transparent tails? :lol:

No.....I have a bunch of blond horses with big butts. Three of them have long, blond tails with hair that looked just like the stuff that Richard had bought.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby mike.s » November 5th, 2011, 4:45 pm

I was thinking of make some cat gut leaders...
but for some reason our cat is keeping his distance from me today :mrgreen:
mike.s

Postby ldr » November 5th, 2011, 8:46 pm

Thanks for this thread, Rick. Makes me laugh every time I read it.
"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra
ldr

Postby RSetina » November 5th, 2011, 11:03 pm

lucfish wrote:Ineresting how the old stuff still works, imagine that. Hey Jim, do you have horses with transparent tails? :lol:

Luc, the blonde hair looks very much like mono when it's all furled together. You can't hardly see too much difference.

ldr wrote:Thanks for this thread, Rick. Makes me laugh every time I read it.

I've laughed a some of the comments here too Larry. I'm glad you're enjoying the ribbing I'm taking as much as I am. :lol:
Rick

Other Websites
TenkaraUSA
RSetina

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing