REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Adios California!

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Adios California!

Postby k9mark » June 24th, 2012, 12:52 pm

Make sure you go fish the Letort Spring Run in Carlise PA. Anybody that's a fly fisherman knows about this world famous limestone creek. Most likely a several hour drive for you but make it a weekend.
"...and on the eighth day God created Police Officers so Firemen would have Heroes..." .....Best partner I ever had ------------->
k9mark

Postby flybob » June 25th, 2012, 6:29 am

Wishing you "fair winds and following seas" on your continuing journey.

Thanks for the pleasure of your contributions to the site, and even more for the commitment to our Country!
Your service is well respected and much appreciated!

bob
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby briansII » June 25th, 2012, 9:40 am

Wishing you safe travels. Thank you, and your family, for your service and sacrifices.

briansII
briansII

Postby Wildman » June 25th, 2012, 4:25 pm

Here are some shots from just one trip with Captain Dave....You will note that in most the rod is bent because he was always finding fish on the nymphs he fished so well.

Vaya Con Dios. Keep us posted on the fishing back there.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby tree catcher » June 25th, 2012, 5:53 pm

Dave it was great sharing water with you. I hope you have a great time on the other coast. Have fun fishing the locals out there. Do stop in every now and then and let us know how the fishing is out there and how the travels of life are treating you. I had a great time out on the water and will look forward to doing it again next time our paths cross.
Sean
tree catcher

Postby Chris Kuhn » July 2nd, 2012, 11:17 am

PT, I hope you are reading this.

But if you end up in Alexandria, or DC, stop by the Urban Angler and say hello to Richie Farino. He is one heck of a guy and a great fisherman.
Denny Crane: Ah. You can see them in there. Look at the crystal clear water. My fly went right by his nose. Eat it you picky *.
Chris Kuhn

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing