REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Where do you have what?

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Where do you have what?

Postby gabe » February 12th, 2013, 7:40 pm

near the car: wp camera, nippers, hemostats, tippet, floatant, flybox, and beer in hand and pocket
Creek treks and larger rivers: same as above but in vest plus filter bottle and with more beer in vest.
:drunk:
gabe

Postby WadeK » February 13th, 2013, 8:53 am

Reyne,

Per your quote, you're not doing something wrong. :funnyup: We need a smiley for walking away shaking your head.

Everybody else,
Thanks for your input. I think I may just do some sewing on my vest and move some of the stuff from the lanyard to the vest. I keep threatening to condense down into 1 flybox loaded for where I am, instead of carrying 3 boxes for 300+ nymphs, 150+ drys and 50+streamers in the vest, and leave them in the truck.

Tight lines,
Wade
I fish for my sanity. If I catch it, should I still practice catch and release?
2014 log entries so far: 16.
WadeK

Postby flocktothewall » February 14th, 2013, 12:19 pm

Reyne wrote:Here you go:

Funny...

Dude at first I was like What the heck?! Thats funny!
"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." ~ Henry David Thoreau
Mark 1:17
flocktothewall

Postby meb » February 15th, 2013, 10:59 am

If I'm fishing on waters that might have a variety of hatches, I'm usually wearing a vest that is filled to the brim with flies and duplicates of everything I need. If I'm fishing our local waters I usually have a backpack filled with extra clothes, first aid stuff, and not so many flies. I like the thought of traveling light, but it seems I only do it when fishing for fish other than trout: bass, steelhead, shad come to mind.

My trout vest is familiar enough that I can reach for most of my stuff without thinking about it. I have a closet full of chest packs, smaller vests, fanny packs, and bags, but mostly I take my vest.

MB
meb

Postby DrCreek » February 15th, 2013, 1:12 pm

Lanyard... 4 spools only - 6x and 7x only. Nippers. A loud whistle. Hemostats.

Vest... don't own or need one. Large volume lumbar pack works better for my needs.

Truck... 2 full-size maglites, and enough stuff under the back seat in a sealed bag that would allow myself and one more person to survive easily for 2 full days and nights in case we got hung up.
"You can't keep a good Dr down."
Days On The Salt in 2017 - 114
Days On The Salt in 2018 - 39

DrCreek

Postby briansII » February 15th, 2013, 2:15 pm

Reyne wrote:Here you go:

Funny...

That guy's facial expressions are disturbing. :oo:

Thank goodness it wasn't a sling pack like the title suggests. I currently have a sling pack on order, and would not be able to wear it, after seeing that video.

briansII
briansII

Postby Flatsix » February 15th, 2013, 3:12 pm

Small San Juan pack
Hemo
Nippers
Whistle
Small fly box
Tippet
Cliff Bar
Whistle
Sawyer bottle
Sunblock
Whistle
Cortisone
Cottonelle Single Pack (Added after my friend had to go and used his zip off pant leg to take care of business, TMI?) :booty:
Flatsix

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing