REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS

Postby flybob » February 4th, 2009, 3:32 pm

tobysmom wrote:Thanks Guys for the warm welcome.... I can't let my huband know I'm on the forum.... He calls it fly fishing * ...

You are most welcome...........I won't tell him..........and it IS! :lol:

Where do you hail from?
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby Benny » February 4th, 2009, 3:39 pm

Welcome 8-)
Benny

Postby Papasequoia » February 4th, 2009, 5:30 pm

FishBreaksWater wrote:... but since moving to Los Angeles (the most beautiful city in the world), ...

You been smoking fish scales again, Kerry? :lol: Welcome to the forum. Jon
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby tobysmom » February 4th, 2009, 6:45 pm

Hi all ....I met some of you at Guys class last month and at ssff... I live in oc and get up to the kern once a month. I was planning a trip to the O on the up coming long weekend but decided it would probably be way to crowded..... I think I'll stay home and get things done so I can go up on another time..... Also quick question Does Guy at kern still have his :P casting class when it rains ? I was planning on going.
tobysmom

Postby Eric » February 4th, 2009, 7:00 pm

FBw welcome to the site. I've always enjoyed your writing. Really looking forward to your posts and reports.. And cool blog!!!
Eric
Eric

Postby 1mocast » February 4th, 2009, 8:54 pm

Welcome to Addictville all new members...Hope you can contribute when you can...

..Especially your prose Kerry!
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby midger » February 4th, 2009, 9:49 pm

Welcome all!

FBW, nice blog. I remember the post of your trek with Joe. Great writing and easy to be there with you and the 35 pound pack trudging through the brush. I also like your 10 rules post. Good stuff. You're also right about having more room for bourbon if you leave a lot of the "gear" behind.
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby stanbery » February 5th, 2009, 2:36 am

FBW

Welcome aboard.

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby rayfound » February 12th, 2009, 4:36 pm

FishBreaksWater wrote:
Thanks and I'm looking forward to hanging out here...

F.B.W.

http://fishbreakswater.blogspot.com/

Blog is gone...
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby darrin terry » February 12th, 2009, 4:44 pm

Odd. I was just there this morning. I wonder wha'ppen? :?
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby FishBreaksWater » February 12th, 2009, 5:45 pm

Darrin Terry wrote:Odd. I was just there this morning. I wonder wha'ppen? :?

I killed the blog -- it was just too negative.

I recently got banned over on Outdoorsbest and, like a petulant child, I lashed out and posted some dumb, hurtful stuff regarding some of the people there, folks I don't even know except for message boards. Stupid, but what can I say? I did it, end of story.

Anyway, the FBW blog was getting waaaay too many hits for my comfort. I mean, I'm just one loser with a worthless opinion....to get over 500 hits in a 24 hour period freaked me out, frankly, and I received a few anonymous comments that left me feeling a little less like laughing (and more like calling my brother-in-law the cop).

Man...I started out with this pursuit -- fly fishing -- so innocent and pure (LOL) and naive. After I started posting stuff online in 2005, I grew up, fast. I allowed myself to become jaded. I'm working on changing that.

In the words of Mike Tyson, I think it's time for FBW to fade into Bolivia.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone...I've got some adventures planned for later this spring...if I'm compelled to write about 'em, this will be the place to post 'em.

F.B.W.
Today's rain is tomorrow's river.
FBW Archives
FishBreaksWater

Postby darrin terry » February 12th, 2009, 5:50 pm

Well that clears that up. :D The internet is a wonderful tool of communication. Hard to control who you are communcating with though. At least it was your decision. I must say that while I saw some of the negativity you mention, I also get the humor. Laughing at one's self or group can be important at times. I liked the list of terms you had posted ending with flyfisherman. ;)

Share when you're ready and willing.
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby rayfound » February 12th, 2009, 6:10 pm

So basically, the fish is, once again, dead.
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby Papasequoia » February 12th, 2009, 6:18 pm

Sorry to hear about the blog, I was one of the 500 hits, but unfortunately only had a chance to glance at it briefly. I have enjoyed your stuff over the years and was hoping to back and read some of your comments. Maybe you can re-create it at some point in the future with a slightly different emphasis. I hadn't heard about your banning on OutdoorsBest either but sometimes being banned from somewhere isn't such a bad thing (right, bjacs?). I haven't posted there or spent hardly any time at all there in quite some time, and it seems like I am not the only one. I have my own opinions about why that happened, but they aren't worth discussing. In any case, there are other more active boards around (like this one).

Hey Darrin, I like that rotating sayings .sig file you have. Speaking of other forums, there is another one I haven't visited in a long time called smallstreams and the owner/moderator over there had the same thing. Is that where you got the idea? I remember looking at it some time ago and you could either use their sayings (like the ones you have) or you could put up a list of your own and it would rotate through them. I was going to do that one, but never got around to it. Jon
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby stanbery » February 13th, 2009, 3:05 am

2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

PreviousNext

Return to General Fly Fishing