REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Opinion: Waders

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Opinion: Waders

Postby Sasha » April 7th, 2013, 11:57 pm

WanderingBlues wrote:
Sasha wrote:
DrCreek wrote:Come on you guys... just wet wade ! :bananadance:

Yes but the places you fish are only 6-12" deep :bananadance: ;)

Plus, no one could see his tight, circa 80's Magnum PI shorts he likes to fish in...

Seriously, Simms is the way to go. You get what you pay for.

As long as he isn't showing off the "Magnum PI" style chest hair. I guess it is all good :bananadance:
Sasha

Re: Opinion: Waders

Postby BBH » April 8th, 2013, 10:18 am

I fished Hodgemens for over 5plus years without leaking..then another 2 with leaks before I broke down and bought another pair. I ordered frogg toggs online and they fit funny..sent em back and got a pair of Cabellas brand waders and they were too big..sent em back for the smaller version of cabbelas and they are still too big but got tired of all the buying and sending..I still wear the cabbelas..I actually have grown to love the baggy feel..Even though I look hip hop its sooo much more comfy to tromp around and putting them on / taking them off is a breeze. The quality is pretty good. The knees are thick so you dont worry about kneeling down in them and the shoulder starps are really comfy. I Just look like a bozo in em..but I catch big fish in em so who cares..I'm comfortable and thats what counts.

The price is right at $150 a pair.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Footwear ... t103926780

Ohh and I have fished em in salt a millon times too and they hold up well. Ill i do is rinse em off..Washed them maybe twice in 4 years..
My advice is TRY THEM ON IN STORE IF POSSIBLE...
Happy hunting!
BBH

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing