REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS

Postby FishBreaksWater » February 13th, 2009, 10:01 am

Darrin Terry wrote:Laughing at one's self or group can be important at times. I liked the list of terms you had posted ending with flyfisherman.

Thanks man. Admit it or not, there's an element present in this particular community that takes this sport -- and themselves -- just a wee bit seriously. Sometimes it's enjoyable to poke a little fun at that element, even if some of my best fishing buddies fit the profile. :)

rayfound wrote:So basically, the fish is, once again, dead.

I wouldn't say dead...perhaps thrown on the bank for the time being, struggling for oxygen, gillplates opening and closing, opening and closing in the sunlight. There's a chance he could flop back into the creek before a raven or a kingsnake gets 'em...

Papasequoia wrote:Maybe you can re-create it at some point

I will; I went through a pretty prolific stretch during 2005-2007 where I wrote upwards of fifty or so stories. I’d like a place to warehouse those online somewhere other than the ODB archives.

Papasequoia wrote:I have enjoyed your stuff over the years

PapaS, I have always enjoyed your writing too...you always manage to factor-in some non-fishing related subject and intertwine the two – I dig that.

We really should hit a creek together and co-write something, see what we come up with, a collaborative thing, a masterpiece of fly fishing literature right up there with Hemmingway and that other guy.

Or maybe we could just get a pizza.

There is a watershed nearer to you than me (assuming you're still up that way) that I would love to backpack, if possible. There's about a 5-mile stretch that seems pretty inaccessible, seen some nice fish in the upper reaches. In other words, my kind of water. Dunno the optimum time to hit it, though...summer seems too hot, spring is too run-off-y...maybe autumn would be the time. You would probably know best...absolutely stunning drainage.

F.B.W.
Today's rain is tomorrow's river.
FBW Archives
FishBreaksWater

Postby FishBreaksWater » February 13th, 2009, 11:25 am

wildfly wrote:there are lots of nice articles written by members

I've been reading them all -- good, good stuff, lots of talent here.

Perhaps I should just leave now. ;)

F.B.W.
Today's rain is tomorrow's river.
FBW Archives
FishBreaksWater

Postby Benny » March 11th, 2009, 1:08 pm

Bump.....for all the newbies
Welcome to FLYFISHINGADDICTS 8-)
Benny

Postby flybob » March 11th, 2009, 2:56 pm

Ditto to what Benny said!

If you have not already done so, stop in the bio section and tell a little about yourselves.

bob
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby Benny » April 16th, 2009, 7:29 pm

Noticed quite a few new members to the forum, just wanted to say welcome.
Benny

Postby duckdog » April 16th, 2009, 8:43 pm

hey benny, thanks for the welcome. my friend chuck told me about the site.i am new to computers [and typing], i always figured it would be a blackhole.but i finaly brokedown and got one. i was right , BLACKHOLE,i knew it knew it knew it! oh well, it's really not so bad here in the blackhole,it's only time,right?
duckdog

Postby Benny » April 17th, 2009, 11:56 am

You'll do just fine here Duckdog Your in for a good ol time if you just started browsing online. Your going to find The Good, The Bad and The Ugly..... Have fun 8-)
Benny

Postby Papasequoia » April 17th, 2009, 3:26 pm

duckdog wrote: i always figured it would be a blackhole.but i finaly brokedown and got one. i was right , BLACKHOLE,i knew it knew it knew it! oh well, it's really not so bad here in the blackhole,it's only time,right?

As long as you crawl out to go fishing from time to time it's kind of warm and cozy down here in the black hole. :rockon: Besides, what would most of us rather do to waste time, play spider solitaire or read fishing forums? Hmmmm? :ugeek:
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby midger » April 17th, 2009, 3:54 pm

Yeah, welcome all you new meat--err, I mean flyfishers! This reminds me, when are we getting together for the semiannual hazing of the new members? You know, the one where they bring the Glenfiddich, stout, steaks? Hope it's soon as the weather is crying for a nice glass of smokey scotch. ;)
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby Benny » May 19th, 2009, 9:28 am

Bump for all the new members....

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW ADDICTS!
Benny

Postby BirdDog » May 24th, 2009, 10:45 pm

Hey folks, new to the board. My name is Jason 34, SoCal (south bay). Just like everyone here I love to fish. Most nights before sleep I am studying maps or flying through remote river drainages on google earth. Most of my friends think my idea of a vacation is their worst nightmare, so it will be nice to share stories with people who have the same passion. Glad to be here.
FISH BIG BUSHY DRIES!!!!
BirdDog

Postby 1mocast » May 24th, 2009, 11:02 pm

BirdDog,
You described some of us to a TEE! :lol: Welcome to Addictville...
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby Papasequoia » May 24th, 2009, 11:41 pm

Glad you made it, Jason! Looking forward to tales of your backpacking/fishing trips both past and future. There is an (underutilized) archive section/thread and you have had some good ones if you ever feel up to re-posting some of them at some time in the future. Cya, Jon
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby Riverphish » May 25th, 2009, 8:04 am

I'm still looking around... finding new threads, some with old friends. Kewl to have forums that cater to the waters we love. And the THINGS we love to do.

later,
Mike
Riverphish

Postby flybob » May 25th, 2009, 11:54 am

BirdDog, consider yourself at home here!
We all share the same affliction!
:grouphug:
Bob
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

PreviousNext

Return to General Fly Fishing