REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

city to live in

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: city to live in

Postby beachbum » February 18th, 2010, 8:36 pm

Politics gets in the way of fishing. The "us/them" posturing is bringing the country down. Can't we all just get along, and fish. :D
Set the hook!
beachbum

Postby FlyinFish » February 18th, 2010, 10:05 pm

Good stuff Craig. I worked for the other big company up there. The cutthroats I went after were fun and pretty, but I barely knew how to throw a fly and bobber then. A water the size of the Yakima made me crap myself. I had no idea what to do with that back then, and I didn't have waders. I'd do it differently now, but, the gf is a Seattle native and I have several friends I can always crash with. I'll get back there eventually with a fly rod. I turned to fishing albacore instead and had a blast when I wasn't puking. All the more reason to live in SoCal...
FlyinFish

Postby Eric » February 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm

Papasequoia wrote:
fflutterffly wrote:I agree about unions... completely in all fields. They have become fat and greedy on our dollar.

I will send you an angry rebuttal via PM since I don't think "general fly fishing" is the section to rant about unions pro or con. I'm not sure when I'll have time though since I'm so fat and lazy.

:lol: That was a good one Jon.
Eric
Eric

Postby fflutterffly » February 19th, 2010, 7:18 am

I just received a great PM from Papasequoia. He blasted me good about unions. He takes his work home, spends hours making sure the quality he expects is there and rewards accordingly. I only wish I had that kind of teacher when I was in school. What I should have said was this: Many unions members take advantage of the negotiated points of a contract. I can't say what percentage of ALL union members take advantage, but I do know that in one certain union the misuse is flagrant.

I want to publicly apologize to Jon (papasequoia) and other persons who took offense by my comments. Possibly if I had had a teacher as dedicated as Jon I would have been able to formate my thoughts in a more constructive way.
EVERY DAY A VICTORY, EVERY YEAR A TRIUMPH
fflutterffly

Postby midger » February 19th, 2010, 7:42 am

beachbum wrote:Politics gets in the way of fishing. The "us/them" posturing is bringing the country down. Can't we all just get along, and fish. :D

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Enough of that hugging, now back to the regularly scheduled political bashing

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby Sasha » February 19th, 2010, 9:24 am

Papa is a union guy :? Well that figures :lol: ;) :booty:
Sasha

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing