REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

2nd annual Fly Addicts BBQ and Casting Games

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: 2nd annual Fly Addicts BBQ and Casting Games

Postby Artin » April 6th, 2012, 10:18 am

Ouch! From seeing some people I know with stones I can just imagine the pain. Not fun at all. Hope you get it taken care of quick!

Artin
ethics is something you do when no one is watching
Artin

Postby flybob » April 6th, 2012, 11:36 am

Salmon is in the Smoker!

Can you smell it?
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby briansII » April 6th, 2012, 11:44 am

I drooled.

For reals.

This looks to be another great event! Have fun, and take lots of pictures for the poor saps who couldn't make it.

briansII
briansII

Postby rkfiske » April 6th, 2012, 5:36 pm

Holy crud! what can lindsay and I bring?? I completely forgot to ask what we need, mark is there anything i can bring? If not maybe I'll being some beer, would that be cool?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
"The real truth is, convincing a fish to strike is like playing string with a cat: the exact size and color of the string is probably less important than how you wiggle it. And little cats are easier to fool than big ones." - John Gierach
rkfiske

Postby Eric1 » April 6th, 2012, 7:56 pm

Guys It looks like I will not be able to make it. Something came up that I have to do this sat. :kissbutt: and can't get out of. Hope you all have a great time and don't eat to much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike that really sucks about the stone. Good luck
Eric
Eric1

Postby Wildman » April 6th, 2012, 9:57 pm

Eric that sucks....I was planning on impressing you with my fire making skills. To console myself...I went into the kitchen and baked whole wheat rolls for Mark's pulled pork.
Yes...they taste as good as they look. I've been working on my biscuit, roll and bread recipes for some pack trips this summer. You can call me Hazel....
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby Fishfreak911 » April 6th, 2012, 11:26 pm

rkfiske wrote:Holy crud! what can lindsay and I bring?? I completely forgot to ask what we need, mark is there anything i can bring? If not maybe I'll being some beer, would that be cool?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Mmmmmm, Beeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr (In my BEST Homer Simpson Drooling voice!) :bananadance:

I'm bringing a Costco Pumpkin AND apple pie! :bananadance:
Greg<><
Creating the finest custom flyfishing nets on the planet is my passion!

http://www.Sierra-Nets.com
Fishfreak911

Postby WanderingBlues » April 7th, 2012, 7:16 am

Man that looks like great grub! Have fun today!
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby meb » April 7th, 2012, 10:09 am

I'll bring some chips, salsa, and tortillas.

MB
meb

Postby Wildman » April 7th, 2012, 10:30 pm

I will simply say that the 2nd Annual Fly Addicts BBQ and Casting Games was steller...great food and great fun with the casting games. We had some incredible Certified Casting Instructors and a great bunch of the Fly Addict family. I am sure pictures will be posted but for the first report....It was one of those days you remember for a long time.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby darrin terry » April 7th, 2012, 11:19 pm

I wish I could have made this event Jim. Amazing how get togethers like those make for long recalled memories. Looking forward to tales from the day. :D
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby drabo2000 » April 8th, 2012, 6:57 am

Hey, Casting Games 2 was alot of fun. Thanks for the invitation LDR. It was great meeting all of you guys and some of your families at Dana. You are a fun group of guys ... and very addicted fly fishermen - just my kind of people! The weather was perfect, food was fantastic (pulled pork wow), and casting games were entertaining. I enjoyed seeing the legendary nets that I've read about and seeing and casting some great rods including the 1 wt Orvis Superfine. Good seeing that you are doing so well Luc - I had a great time laughing with you. Congrats to the 6 guys who placed in the "money" - great casting in windy conditions on a very challenging course - way to keep pluggin'! Kudos and thanks to Fly Addict and LDR for organizing this great event.

I took some random snapshots as I was wandering around. Check them out at: http://www.photobucket.com/flyfishingad ... ng_games_2

Steve Piper/drabo2000
drabo2000

Postby fflutterffly » April 8th, 2012, 7:03 am

Next year I promise myself. I missed seeing everyone, the games and especially all that fine food. Was the attendance larger than last year? Wow! What's a girl to do with all those rods in one place :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance:
EVERY DAY A VICTORY, EVERY YEAR A TRIUMPH
fflutterffly

Postby tomsakai » April 8th, 2012, 9:37 am

A great time was had by all! Here are a few pics; sorry I didn't get a pic of Bob's outrageously good salmon, Mark's pulled pork, or Jim's homemade rolls.
tomsakai

Postby rkfiske » April 8th, 2012, 9:42 am

Hey Steve, thanks for coming out and judging!

It was a nice day out, and Kathy Kim was kind enough to give casting lessons to the wives and girlfriends on the sidelines! I was happy to see all the familiar faces again, and Rob was kind enough to even fill my girlfriend in on the famous bear scat story. I may have forgotten to mention how that tale really ended to her ;)
"The real truth is, convincing a fish to strike is like playing string with a cat: the exact size and color of the string is probably less important than how you wiggle it. And little cats are easier to fool than big ones." - John Gierach
rkfiske

PreviousNext

Return to General Fly Fishing