REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

BBL Carp fishing.

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

BBL Carp fishing.

Postby flocktothewall » December 13th, 2013, 1:57 pm

Has anyone ever carp fished BBL? I know they have a 'carp' problem up there. I've been listening to Tom Rosenbauer lately and he's got me thinking about trying it.
"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." ~ Henry David Thoreau
Mark 1:17
flocktothewall

Re: BBL Carp fishing.

Postby Wildman » December 13th, 2013, 3:23 pm

Not an expert but I know there are plenty of carp in BBL and in the marshy area above the cutoff. Silverwood also has a big population of carp.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby Packer » December 13th, 2013, 10:16 pm

I have seen them in BBL early in the mornings along the shorelines. Mostly in the warmer days. There were so many, they actually flopped themselves out of the water and beached themselves. I've seen bow hunters target them there.
Benny tubed it with a couple others one summer. Over on the observatory side.
I'll send you a pm where I saw them.
Thanks, Tim:)/'~~-->*})))>€
....................................................................................................................................HOLD MY BEAR AND WATCH THIS!
Packer

Postby Milt Spawn » December 14th, 2013, 6:49 pm

I have only gotten them as incidentals whilst trout fishing, stripping streamers. To actually target them would prolly best be done from a boat, they are not hard to find. milt Image
Milt Spawn

Return to General Fly Fishing