REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Fishing licences

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Fishing licences

Postby lucfish » December 28th, 2013, 8:35 am

Just a reminder for all you procrastinators. Time to get your fishing licences and for those going steelhead fishing Jon, don't forget to get your steelhead report and restoration card.
lucfish

Re: Fishing licences

Postby John Harper » December 28th, 2013, 10:05 am

Just renewed my lifetime license and ocean stamp before Xmas. One of the best investments I ever made.

Wow, I renewed online on Monday, got it in the mail this morning, Saturday!
John
John Harper

Postby Rasputinj » December 31st, 2013, 11:24 pm

Thanks for the reminder
Rasputinj
Rasputinj

Postby clee » January 1st, 2014, 8:40 am

Thanks for the reminder Luc. I really wish CA would go to a 365 day license like other states like Utah. Considering we no longer need to visibly wear our licenses anymore and all licenses now are typed on the same paper every year I don't see why we go by the calendar day licensing system other than screwing those that buy their licenses a few months or so after the new year. If we keep it this way it should at least be prorated if bought after January.
clee

Postby RichardCullip » January 1st, 2014, 8:43 am

Got my new one and hope to break it in on Thurs (1/2) down on SD Bay (where else).
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Postby rumson » January 1st, 2014, 9:46 am

Just got mine, and will be breaking it in next weekend!
rumson

Postby briansII » January 1st, 2014, 12:03 pm

Got mine last week at a local sporting goods store.

Before the 13' license goes into the trash this morning, thought I'd document this.

I need a lot more entries in 14', and hopefully some numbers in the middle column. If you chased/caught steel last year, don't forget to return/enter online your report card.

Happy New Year!

briansII
briansII

Postby WanderingBlues » January 1st, 2014, 12:36 pm

Is it that time already? Shoot, I need to get my 2014 National Parks Pass as well!
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby RichardCullip » January 1st, 2014, 12:39 pm

WanderingBlues wrote:Is it that time already? Shoot, I need to get my 2014 National Parks Pass as well!

I just had the pleasure of buying my Senior Lifetime Pass to National Parks for the grand sum of $10. What a bargain. All you have to do is live to at least 62 ;) ;) ;)
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Postby Papasequoia » January 1st, 2014, 1:04 pm

Got mine a couple of days ago. $46.44 this year. The steelhead card was $7.05 and it took a while for the clerk to find it. I told him that it had to be in there and finally he said, 'oh, here it is, it's in the reports section, I've never seen that before.' Then it took several minutes for the machine to print the darned thing which is about three feet long. Looking forward to putting it to good use. :D
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby WadeK » January 2nd, 2014, 10:50 am

I got my latest edition of my lifetime license 12/31/13 at 8 pm and had my license checked 1/1/14 at ~1:15 pm while chasing Jailbirds in the big ditch. That's the quickest I've ever been checked. I've gone several seasons without ever seeing an officer. A buddy and I released 5 stripers, 2 LDR's, had numerous follows and a handful of missed hits. Saw the largest LM I've ever seen in the 'duct easily over 5# and 1 of the LDR's was easily the biggest LM I've hooked in the 'duct at an estimated 4#. All the landed fish were either shorts or close enough to legal to require a tape to confirm. We would have released them anyways but didn't have a tape with us. I wish I could say we did all this with flies, but we were going to the Darkside, throwing plugs.
I fish for my sanity. If I catch it, should I still practice catch and release?
2014 log entries so far: 16.
WadeK

Postby fly addict » January 3rd, 2014, 9:34 pm

Got mine today, going to start getting my money’s worth on Sunday at the big reedy.
:bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance:
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby Jimbo Roberts » January 5th, 2014, 9:40 pm

The real story missing here is how many different fishing licenses have you held in any one calendar year?
My record is 5: Texas, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Yellowstone NP. Although I have also held licenses in: Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Florida, Indiana, New Mexico, Utah, Idaho, Washington, and Ontario Canada.

Jimbo
Jimbo Roberts

Postby mike.s » January 5th, 2014, 11:47 pm

I got ya beat for the one year record Jimbo...lol. Im sure someone here has more.
11 state fishing Lic's in one year....calif, OR, Wash, Ut,Idaho,New Mexico,Co, Wy, Montana, Ak,Hawaii
mike.s

Postby Chris Kuhn » January 6th, 2014, 12:45 am

When I lived in NY, I would get one for NY, NJ, CT and PA.

Right now the cost of our license would pay for NY and NJ out of state annual.
Denny Crane: Ah. You can see them in there. Look at the crystal clear water. My fly went right by his nose. Eat it you picky *.
Chris Kuhn

Return to General Fly Fishing