REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Wader repair

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Wader repair

Postby Flatsix » January 2nd, 2014, 8:43 am

I've repaired every pinhole in my waders and now have a leak at the seam where the bootie meets the pant leg. Anyone have experience with Simms wader repair. I'm curious what the turnaround time will be.
Flatsix

Re: Wader repair

Postby fly addict » January 2nd, 2014, 12:14 pm

Simms has great service on their wader repair; contact them about the currant turnaround time and cost of the repairs.
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby Jimbo Roberts » January 2nd, 2014, 12:15 pm

I sent my old G3's in last week, I received confirmation e-mail, and was told by the flyshop where I purchased them that turnaround was usually about 3-4weeks.

Jimbo
Jimbo Roberts

Postby Ants » January 3rd, 2014, 7:43 am

On two occasions, my waders were sent to Simms. First time was after I found some underwater barbed wire on the San Juan River. The 4-inch gash was near wader /bootie joint. The repair held and no complaints.

The next time I had a few small leaks but I remembered their repair skills. The verdict was the waders were beyond repair. (What!?!).

The waders were replaced. Big grin.

Simms likes to be a nice company. If the waders are in their hands, you will at least get a great repair (maybe more).

Ants
Ants

Postby Wildman » January 3rd, 2014, 7:52 am

Simms has an incredible customer service program. They replaced my four year old waders with an upgrade for no cost last year. I was very impressed.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby mike.s » January 5th, 2014, 11:55 pm

I agree with all the others as i had the same positive experiences with wader repairs with them.
My turnaround was each time was about 2-3 week even though they said it might be up to 6 weeks.
mike.s

Return to General Fly Fishing