REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Found at Hot Creek Friday 1/24/2014

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Found at Hot Creek Friday 1/24/2014

Postby WadeK » January 30th, 2014, 1:03 pm

If you lost some items at Hot Creek on 1/24/2014, PM me and we'll see if I can help you.
I fish for my sanity. If I catch it, should I still practice catch and release?
2014 log entries so far: 16.
WadeK

Re: Found at Hot Creek Friday 1/24/2014

Postby fshflys » January 30th, 2014, 1:25 pm

Hope it wasn't a tub full o worms
# of fishing days 2014, 12
fshflys

Postby WadeK » January 30th, 2014, 5:33 pm

Nope! All the items are things me and the finder would gladly keep. That is if we could do so with a clear conscience.
WadeK

Postby WadeK » February 25th, 2014, 2:59 pm

After reading Stimbo's FOUND post, it reminded me that I needed to update this post. We found the owner of the 10' 3Wt Hardy, Sage Reel and Rio Nymphing line as well as a HUGE Frabill hand net. My buddy Greg (the finder) was sad to see it go, but happy to give it back to it's rightful owner. I was sad to see the net go even though Greg teased me that it was almost big enough for my ego.
The rig had been an Anniversary gift from the owner's Wife and he was just sick about loosing it. Chris S. of the Bakersfield KRFF deserves kudo's for linking us with the owner, a friend of his. Sorry, I don't remember the owner's name.
Greg has since bought his own copy of the rod.

Tight lines,
Wade
WadeK

Postby midger » February 25th, 2014, 3:39 pm

Wade,
Glad you were able to find the owner. I have to wonder though, what's with losing rods lately? This gear is expensive and I wouldn't even be all that happy losing one of my lesser outfits.

Thank goodness flyfishers are honest when returning gear even if they might occasionally "stretch" a few fish. ;)
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby briansII » February 25th, 2014, 5:26 pm

midger wrote:Wade,
Glad you were able to find the owner. I have to wonder though, what's with losing rods lately? This gear is expensive and I wouldn't even be all that happy losing one of my lesser outfits.

Thank goodness flyfishers are honest when returning gear even if they might occasionally "stretch" a few fish. ;)

Ditto. Glade you were able to find the owner and MOST fly fishers are honest.

I pulled the bonehead move of leaving a brand new rod(Scott S3), and reel(Lamson Litespeed)on the top of my truck, and drove off to my next destination. :doh: :doh: About 5 - 10 miles down a twisty road I realized what I had done, and turned around. To say I was in a hurry would be an major understatement. When I left that parking area there was only one vehicle, and I believe I talked to the people that vehicle belonged to. They were fly folks. I passed that vehicle as I was going mach 2 back to the parking lot. At that moment, two thoughts flew through my frantic brain. Turnaround and stop them, or haul butt back to the parking area. I went back to the parking area. No rod or reel was found. I spent time looking around the lot and the road out. I called the local fly shop to give my info in case someone found my stuff. Never got that combo back......rod was a little stiff for my tastes anyway. :)

I can't say the folks at the parking lot found and kept my stuff, but I can't help but wonder when I read things like the above.

briansII
briansII

Postby lucfish » February 25th, 2014, 5:34 pm

Good for you Wade. Many times I will carry 3 different rods with me and more than once I lost track of the other two but never have lost them though. I might have to rethink my strategy as I seem to be getting a little more forgetful. :sad:
lucfish

Postby duckdog » February 26th, 2014, 7:35 am

Like you Luc I usually have multiple rigs with me when I fish. I always leave them where I can see them when fishing, but I think from now on I may start leaving a little note on them saying " I am not lost ,and my owner is near by, and armed !". Good going Wade, the world needs more honest folk's like you and your friend Greg.
duckdog

Postby stimbo » February 26th, 2014, 9:03 am

Good for you Wade.
stimbo

Return to General Fly Fishing