REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

But Officer, I was only a couple over the limit..

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

But Officer, I was only a couple over the limit..

Postby midger » June 19th, 2014, 3:06 pm

....like 1600.

I came across this on Flyfisherman. Ironically my wife grew up about 3 blocks from Green Acres Pond they refer to in the article. It's a put and take drainage pond for the streets of Clovis, and not a place I'd eat any fish out of due to the nature of street runoff, yard runoff, and the inherent chemicals/oils/etc in the water. Surprised the person could actually catch that many fish out of that sink hole (probably about 3-4 acres in size.

http://www.flyfisherman.com/2014/05/15/1600-over-the-limit/
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Re: But Officer, I was only a couple over the limit..

Postby acorad » June 19th, 2014, 6:16 pm

Wonder what fly he was using.

;-)

Andy
acorad

Postby Autodave » June 19th, 2014, 7:53 pm

And I consider a 6 fish day to be a slow day.
Autodave

Postby ManoTheSkip » June 21st, 2014, 11:15 am

Having lots of immigrant friends and family, they get disgusted when I release fish back to fight another day. They are confused as to why I even go fishing. But this is ridiculous! Even if you love eating fish, you would be able to eat for 2 years, 3 meals a day! I'm not a chef, but I think the fish might go rotten.

Anyway, I hope they get the 8k from this guy, even though I'm sure he really can't afford it and it will ruin his life. But sometimes, lessons must be taught.
Tight Lines!

Hurry Hard!
ManoTheSkip

Postby silverlaker » June 21st, 2014, 11:31 am

That's just disgusting. The guy probably has "deer paths" through the maze of Junk in his house too. I cant really imagine eating trout very often - especially stockers!
Fish always lose by being "got in and dressed." It is best to weigh them while they are in the water. The only really large one I ever caught got away with my leader when I first struck him. He weighed ten pounds. —Charles Dudley Warner
silverlaker

Return to General Fly Fishing