REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

recommendations for waders

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

recommendations for waders

Postby Wanderer » June 30th, 2014, 12:40 pm

I need a reccomendation for some decent tough INEXPENSIVE waders. Thoughts?
Wanderer

Re: recommendations for waders

Postby WanderingBlues » June 30th, 2014, 1:53 pm

Define inexpensive. STP has Simms Headwaters for $275. That's $100 off for high quality.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby Devinpreston » June 30th, 2014, 8:20 pm

reddington sonic pros I have heard are good!
Devinpreston

Postby RichardCullip » June 30th, 2014, 9:07 pm

Wanderer wrote:I need a reccomendation for some decent tough INEXPENSIVE waders. Thoughts?

I think you can get two out of three qualifiers but if you want all three you will have to drop IN........Simms is the way to go. Buy the best you can afford and cry only once.
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Postby fshflys » July 1st, 2014, 6:29 am

# of fishing days 2014, 12
fshflys

Postby fly addict » July 1st, 2014, 8:21 am

Simms Headwaters for $250 here, http://www.mrfc.com/MadisonRiverShoppin ... tegoryID=4
I have used the Redington Sonics for a couple for years now and can say they are very well made.
Whatever kind you buy, make sure they fit you, a good deal on waders that don’t fit you right are not a good deal. There are a couple of guys on this forum that can vouch for that.
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby Wildman » July 1st, 2014, 1:20 pm

fly addict wrote:Simms Headwaters for $250 here, http://www.mrfc.com/MadisonRiverShoppin ... tegoryID=4
I have used the Redington Sonics for a couple for years now and can say they are very well made.
Whatever kind you buy, make sure they fit you, a good deal on waders that don’t fit you right are not a good deal. There are a couple of guys on this forum that can vouch for that.

What he said...I wore a set of waders for three years and just assumed that everyone else had booties made for Wilt Chamberlin in a size 9 boot. I pretty much looked like a clown and walking was always difficult. Fly fishing is done in places where access is challenging at best. As all have said, buy the best you can afford. It will be an investment in your comfort and safety you'll not regret.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby Benny » July 1st, 2014, 1:44 pm

Here are some reviews for waders.Wader shootout

Spend the extra buck and purchase the Simms G3
Benny

Postby Benny » July 1st, 2014, 4:06 pm

Thanks to this thread I just purchased a pair of new SIMMS G3 waders from Amazon for $240 shipped! The G3 waders I have have served me very well and were well worth the money I originally spent. I fished pretty hard with them and have no complaints. I had to pull the trigger on the new pair because I don't think I would have come accross of a pair of G3's for $240 again on Amazon. Plus I eventually would have bought a new pair somtime soon, I was even thinking of trading the old ones in at The Fishermans Spot. Well I think they still have the trad-in going on.

Don't you just love Amazon :bananadance:
Benny

Return to General Fly Fishing