REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Lake Fly Fishing Tactics or Don't hang up the Tube just yet!

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Lake Fly Fishing Tactics or Don't hang up the Tube just yet!

Postby flybob » September 18th, 2014, 1:59 pm

So, with regards to Papa's frustration with tubing......viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11074
I have had much success with lake fishing, from the shoreline as well as from a tube, and enjoy it immensely.
A lot of what I have learned in my very short FF career has been from a bunch of you great folks out there.
However, as I love to read about things I do not know much about, I have also read a ton of books on all things FF.
This book in particular, although quite humerous at time, was a wealth of info that would have taken me years to discover on my own.
I kind of stumbled on it accidentally, (reading another more famous book by the author) I thought I would share it with you.

The book is very easy reading and takes a very NON-Technical, simplistic approach to the subject.
It is well illustrated (cartoons) and is organized in a typical fashion that you would find in most primers, i.e. flies, gear, species, seasons, tactics, etc.

Here is a link to it, it is not too expensive, and in my opinion, if you learn a couple of things you did not know before.....it is always worth it.

http://www.amazon.com/Lake-Fly-Fishing- ... 1571884106

I hope that this post was of some help to some of you.
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Return to General Fly Fishing