REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Keep it coming!!!!

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Keep it coming!!!!

Postby darrin terry » February 13th, 2009, 12:39 pm

PM sent. And yes, this is great weather we're getting lately. I will take all of it. :D :D :D
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby midger » February 13th, 2009, 3:50 pm

Your rain is my snow. :lol:

I just drove across the rim from Crestline to Running Springs--a distance of about 15 miles. Snow level is well below Crestline and the road was snowpacked all the way and it is snowing very hard now probably at a rate of about 2-3 inches per hour. This is the smaller of the storms headed our way with Sunday's storm projected to drop 3+ feet of snow here. Hope it does.

I guess I better go fish at Lee's Ferry or the San Juan as looks like my streams will be unFISHable for a while more.
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby Gary C. » February 13th, 2009, 4:34 pm

It snowed hard here in Lancaster from 2 to 3pm and then it stopped. Most everything has a coat of white but it is dissapearring fast.
Gary C.
Gary C.

Postby sturgeon » February 13th, 2009, 4:39 pm

I sometimes forget that there are mountains surrounding Bakersfield, until days like today. :lol: This rain is great, hopefully it continues.
sturgeon

Postby flybob » February 13th, 2009, 4:49 pm

Gary C. wrote:It snowed hard here in Lancaster from 2 to 3pm and then it stopped. Most everything has a coat of white but it is dissapearring fast.
Gary C.

Gary, pictures man, we wanna see pictures!

good times for the fishies for sure!
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby FishBreaksWater » February 13th, 2009, 5:11 pm

See my sig -- and YES, keep 'em coming. The storms, that is.

F.B.W.
Today's rain is tomorrow's river.
FBW Archives
FishBreaksWater

Postby Gary C. » February 13th, 2009, 6:32 pm

flybob wrote:
Gary C. wrote:Gary, pictures man, we wanna see pictures!

good times for the fishies for sure!

I took the camera outside and was going to post one for you Bob but it's mostly gone now and looks pretty bad, I'll get one for ya next time.
Gary C.
Gary C.

Postby Chris Kuhn » February 13th, 2009, 6:47 pm

midger wrote:Your rain is my snow. :lol:

I just drove across the rim from Crestline to Running Springs--a distance of about 15 miles. Snow level is well below Crestline and the road was snowpacked all the way and it is snowing very hard now probably at a rate of about 2-3 inches per hour. This is the smaller of the storms headed our way with Sunday's storm projected to drop 3+ feet of snow here. Hope it does.

I guess I better go fish at Lee's Ferry or the San Juan as looks like my streams will be unFISHable for a while more.

Hopefully this will mean that we can fish them further into the summer. Especially since I will be fishing local for the foreseeable future.
Denny Crane: Ah. You can see them in there. Look at the crystal clear water. My fly went right by his nose. Eat it you picky *.
Chris Kuhn

Postby midger » February 13th, 2009, 7:27 pm

Chris Kuhn wrote:
midger wrote:Your rain is my snow. :lol:

Hopefully this will mean that we can fish them further into the summer. Especially since I will be fishing local for the foreseeable future.

Yeah, and I suspect you'll need to bring your snowshoes for the near forseeable future. This little storm that was supposed to precede the grand show on Sunday and Monday has already dropped nearly a foot of new snow.
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby Eric » February 13th, 2009, 7:31 pm

Thanks for the good news guys. Mike have fun clearing the snow from your driveway.
Eric
Eric

Postby 1mocast » February 13th, 2009, 10:19 pm

midger wrote:This little storm that was supposed to precede the grand show on Sunday and Monday has already dropped nearly a foot of new snow.

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on the midger "snow gauge"....
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby apache trout » February 13th, 2009, 10:58 pm

Midger, I feel for you, right after I graduated highschool I lived the winters in arrowbear/green valley lake and the summers at the beach. I worked for Snow Valley and G.V.L snowboard park before it closed for good. Lived in the house hanging over the highway across the street from the lumber yard in arrowbear and as much as I love snow I hated shoveling out the drive...... Plus one of the winters was the El nino in 93 and that really sucked!
hopefully you own a blower!
ZAch
apache trout

Postby midger » February 13th, 2009, 11:06 pm

Zach,
I actually love the snow and used to ski 50 or more days a season. We do own a blower which makes short work of snow movement. The only frustrating part of the snow falling is the crazies who attempt to drive on it without knowing how, and many of them leave their brains in the valleys below. It does create driving problems--my wife couldn't make it home tonight because of wrecks on 330, a truck on fire, and mandatory chains even on 4wd. Still I wouldn't trade it for any other place in Southern California (Redding or Mt Shasta, Idaho, or Montana--maybe)

It only took me about 15 minutes to blow the snow away that we received today. Sunday may be a different story as we are due for much more and they are going to start running out of places alongside the road to put the stuff.
midger

Postby apache trout » February 14th, 2009, 12:40 am

"Flatlanders" have never and will never be able tp drive in the snow! :o Unfortunatley we have the same thing here in Az when it rains! :D I too love the snow, If only I could convince my wife. I'd be in Boise in a second. Hard to talk her out of 70 degrees 6 months a year though, even when it 100 degrees at midnight in middle of July. Guess thats what vacations are for.
Zach
apache trout

Return to General Fly Fishing