REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Castaway! this Sunday [Dec. 7]

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Castaway! this Sunday [Dec. 7]

Postby Bernard » December 2nd, 2014, 7:36 am

The Spot and the Pasadena Casting Club will be hosting an event this Sunday. Looks very cool and fun ... I'd call it "the next best thing actually to going fishing".

As it says on their Facebook page: Taste test a smorgasbord of rods from R.L. Winston Rod Company, G Loomis, Sage and Redington at the The Pasadena Casting Club for Castaway! Casters of any level are welcome to this free event.

Event is at the Club's pond and goes from 10AM to 3PM. Directions: http://pasadenacastingclub.org/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=727848&module_id=93358.

* I'd post at Shop Happenings or Clubs but, well, we all know how much traffic those pages get. Sad face.
Bernard

Re: Castaway! this Sunday [Dec. 7]

Postby Wildman » December 2nd, 2014, 8:40 am

Thanks for sharing this....I spent two weeks casting at the Long Beach Casting Club and pond and it improved my casting immensely (thank you Mark Allen). The ability to test rods (especially ones I probably would never be able to afford) is a lot of fun and that looks like an amazing facility.

Maybe after I am done with the Rose Parade entry I am involved with, I will start talking with the different shops and clubs and see if we can't get more traffic from them.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby Bernard » December 2nd, 2014, 3:07 pm

Wildman wrote:Thanks for sharing this....I spent two weeks casting at the Long Beach Casting Club and pond and it improved my casting immensely (thank you Mark Allen). The ability to test rods (especially ones I probably would never be able to afford) is a lot of fun and that looks like an amazing facility.

Maybe after I am done with the Rose Parade entry I am involved with, I will start talking with the different shops and clubs and see if we can't get more traffic from them.

Sounds good Wildman!
I agree, trying out gear is not a bad thing at all and gives one the edge when it's showtime with the fish :)
B.
Bernard

Postby fly addict » December 2nd, 2014, 3:18 pm

Jim,
I hope you can get back to doing some fishing also. ;)
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby Wildman » December 2nd, 2014, 3:21 pm

Tell me about it. I was going to join you this weekend with Eric and Curtis and his son but Chris is traveling out of state. Soon.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Return to General Fly Fishing