REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Now I understand about hotspotting

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Now I understand about hotspotting

Postby Chris Kuhn » February 14th, 2009, 8:38 pm

If this guy asks you to fish with him be forewarned. This is what this person (I use the term loosely) did because he got in peeing match with a Tennessee guide.

http://www.tndeer.com/tndeerta...art=1

He gave away this information on a website known to be populated with people that take and kill fish. Latest report I have that the spot was recently electroshocked and as a result of this guys actions they only found one fish over 24".

He is bragging about fishing out our way and no one from California has ever given him a hard time for posting a report.

http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=835589
Denny Crane: Ah. You can see them in there. Look at the crystal clear water. My fly went right by his nose. Eat it you picky *.
Chris Kuhn

Re: Now I understand about hotspotting

Postby midger » February 14th, 2009, 8:44 pm

Chris,
The group on this forum is pretty tight lipped unless you get to know them on an individual basis so I doubt that Mr Scrubs will be very successful here--we're a tough audience. :lol:

Thanks for letting us know though as forewarned is forearmed.
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby rayfound » February 16th, 2009, 12:05 am

The first link is broken. I think I got the jist of it from the 2nd thread.

Some guides * him off so he exposed "secret" waters publicly...

I use secret in quotes because we all know there is no such thing as a secret stream. Just ones that haven't received enough public attention to lure the string-em-up crowd out yet. Its the same everywhere... people... especially online, act childish when they feel they've been wronged, and act often out of spite without regard for who all gets hurt, beyond the scope of their intended target.

Thanks for posting this chris... Not the kind of guy I'd like to fish locally with for sure... but my hunch is he comes to CA only for the saltwater/big game stuff.
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby Chris Kuhn » February 16th, 2009, 1:54 am

Well in the first link he not only gave directions to the stream, he pointed out where the big fish lie. It was a site where the members brag about killing and grilling wild fish. I actually have no issue with taking fish. But I generally consider the resource when I do.

I get that he may actually have had a legitimate gripe with the guide, but he punished everyone who protected the spot in the process. Which goes against my values and I suspect a few others.

I also admit my initial reaction was a bit harsher, than my current feelings.
Denny Crane: Ah. You can see them in there. Look at the crystal clear water. My fly went right by his nose. Eat it you picky *.
Chris Kuhn

Return to General Fly Fishing