REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Newb Intro - East side specials

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: Newb Intro - East side specials

Postby Sasha » May 27th, 2015, 10:44 am

Good to see you over here now!
Sasha

Postby Transylwader » May 27th, 2015, 11:52 am

Wow! Thanks for the warm reception! I look forward to meeting some of you next month in GTW. Regarding the upper Nanty, very close. Most of those pictures are head water trickles of the French Broad River around Transylvania County. I have enjoyed having the place to myself for over a decade. Thankfully "bluelining" isn't big here or I'd run into people on the regular. Most folks don't feel a 10 mile bush wack is worth 7" fish. Perfect. They can have their roadside stockers! I'm 2 hours west of the Outer banks and 3 hours east of my closest native stream. Not bad for a South African transplant (same geography as home). Warm creeks and lakes surround my home, hence the gar, carp and bass. I'll be posting up some stuff from a recent adventure. Wasn't sure about forum etiquette like some of the cyber maniac keyboard warriors I find on other fly fishing boards, ya know. :doh:
If I could kick the person in the butt who has done me the most harm in my life, I would never be able to sit down.
Transylwader

Postby lucfish » May 27th, 2015, 12:30 pm

Transylwader wrote:Wow! Thanks for the warm reception! I look forward to meeting some of you next month in GTW. Regarding the upper Nanty, very close. Most of those pictures are head water trickles of the French Broad River around Transylvania County. I have enjoyed having the place to myself for over a decade. Thankfully "bluelining" isn't big here or I'd run into people on the regular. Most folks don't feel a 10 mile bush wack is worth 7" fish. Perfect. They can have their roadside stockers! I'm 2 hours west of the Outer banks and 3 hours east of my closest native stream. Not bad for a South African transplant (same geography as home). Warm creeks and lakes surround my home, hence the gar, carp and bass. I'll be posting up some stuff from a recent adventure. Wasn't sure about forum etiquette like some of the cyber maniac keyboard warriors I find on other fly fishing boards, ya know. :doh:

When you're back east, I don't think fish pictures and some scenery shots matter on this forum. Who from out here is going to figure out and try to poach your water. lol
lucfish

Postby Sasha » May 27th, 2015, 1:37 pm

Transylwader wrote:Wow! Thanks for the warm reception! I look forward to meeting some of you next month in GTW. Regarding the upper Nanty, very close. Most of those pictures are head water trickles of the French Broad River around Transylvania County. I have enjoyed having the place to myself for over a decade. Thankfully "bluelining" isn't big here or I'd run into people on the regular. Most folks don't feel a 10 mile bush wack is worth 7" fish. Perfect. They can have their roadside stockers! I'm 2 hours west of the Outer banks and 3 hours east of my closest native stream. Not bad for a South African transplant (same geography as home). Warm creeks and lakes surround my home, hence the gar, carp and bass. I'll be posting up some stuff from a recent adventure. Wasn't sure about forum etiquette like some of the cyber maniac keyboard warriors I find on other fly fishing boards, ya know. :doh:

Yea dammit, your intro sucks! Where is the BP&P....Opps wrong forum ;)
Sasha

Postby FIGHTONSC » May 27th, 2015, 6:54 pm

Welcome aboard!

From the Kansas clan of the addicts.

Regards,

Jeff
THE TRUTH ALWAYS SOUNDS BETTER!
FIGHTONSC

Postby stanbery » May 28th, 2015, 12:25 pm

Nice post and welcome aboard and keep the pictures coming.

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby flybob » June 2nd, 2015, 6:23 pm

Nice assortment of fish you have there!

That second shot of the brookie looks almost identical to one that I took up off of Tioga Pass!

Welcome to the fray, and please keep the post coming.

Thanks for sharing
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby mtnguru » June 3rd, 2015, 6:25 pm

Welcome!

My folks moved down to Matthews a few years ago and I keep promising myself to make it up the mountains and fish on a visit one of these days. Any recommendations on friendly fly shops to visit out there in NC?

Chris
mtnguru

Postby Transylwader » June 5th, 2015, 7:49 am

Howdy Chris, there's a handful of good fly shops around Pisgah Nat Forest. Hunter Banks in Asheville, Head water Outfitters in Rosman, Foscoe Fly Guides in Seven Devils and my personal favorite, Brookings Outfitters in Cashiers. No trout bro's at any of these stores.
If I could kick the person in the butt who has done me the most harm in my life, I would never be able to sit down.
Transylwader

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing