REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Fly Fishin' kind of people

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Fly Fishin' kind of people

Postby Baughb » June 7th, 2015, 7:45 am

Just a thought,

I met a great guy yesterday under the guise of selling him a piece of gear that I had posted. It was just so encouraging to meet a younger guy, who is a committed husband and father, who makes time to fly fish, who appreciates and lives his life with a purpose. I was just so encouraged as I drove away and am still this morning.

It started me thinking of my fishin' buddies all of whom are good guys at different stages in life and when I think of the people I would want around me when the going gets tough, they are the first that come to mind. What a privilege do have been given this gift of fly fishing and all that it involves, AND I get to learn more about living a good life, being a good friend, and stumble upon comrades that will last my lifetime . As Martha Stewart would say, "It's a good thing".

I hope to be adding to that list of fishing buddies and Luke, it was a delight to have met you.

Bob
"He told us about Christ's disciples being fishermen, and we were left to assume, as my brother and I did, that all first-class fishermen on the Sea of Galilee were fly fishermen and that John, the favorite, was a dry-fly fisherman."
Baughb

Re: Fly Fishin' kind of people

Postby Wildman » June 7th, 2015, 8:23 am

You hit the nail right on the head. I've found that fly fishers seem to share many of the same values and ideals I was raised with. The folks I have met and fished with and shared water with have become life long friends where acquaintances can be picked up right where they left off. One only has to look to the generosity and humanity of the members of this forum.

It's good to know the future has a future in the hands of your new fly fishing friend, Luke. Thank you for sharing.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby Fishfreak911 » June 8th, 2015, 10:56 am

You hit the nail on the head Baughb. It never ceases to amaze me- The generosity of guys/gals on this forum to help you out with things like:
*Welcoming attitude
*Encouraging words
*Loaner tools of the trade whether that be a rod, float tube, or bear canister
*information on fishing a particular area
*Flies
*Fly tying materials
*friendly advice
FLY
LOTS of good times with different folks here-Looking SO fwd. to my time up in the High Sierras with those going later this month.
Special thanks to RKFISKE, STANBERY, FlyADDICT, JAZZONTHEFLY, & WILDMAN for why I feel this way.

~GREG~
Greg<><
Creating the finest custom flyfishing nets on the planet is my passion!

http://www.Sierra-Nets.com
Fishfreak911

Postby WanderingBlues » June 8th, 2015, 12:28 pm

Was that Flocktothewall Luke? If so, I concur wholeheartedly.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby Baughb » June 8th, 2015, 2:02 pm

Don't actually remember his handle, I could find it. He's in your neighborhood.

Bob
"He told us about Christ's disciples being fishermen, and we were left to assume, as my brother and I did, that all first-class fishermen on the Sea of Galilee were fly fishermen and that John, the favorite, was a dry-fly fisherman."
Baughb

Postby WanderingBlues » June 8th, 2015, 2:10 pm

Baughb wrote:Don't actually remember his handle, I could find it. He's in your neighborhood.

Bob

That'd be him. Real solid.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Return to General Fly Fishing