REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

2wt vs 3wt: Is there a difference???

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: 2wt vs 3wt: Is there a difference???

Postby fly addict » August 11th, 2015, 3:18 pm

BrownBear wrote:Oh yeah. We have five 10-weights of various makes and models on the boat right now, one shipped off to Sage for repair, and a couple of more in the rack at home as spares.

Don't EVEN get me started on 8-weights. I don't really want to know how many, assuming I could even find them all on short notice. :doh:

I’m going to save this thread and show it to my wife the next time she say’s "You don’t need another fly rod"!

:bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance:
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby NorcalBob » August 11th, 2015, 3:48 pm

And everyone says me and Brian are gear 'ho's :funnyup: :booty:

BrownBear wrote:Oh yeah. We have five 10-weights of various makes and models on the boat right now, one shipped off to Sage for repair, and a couple of more in the rack at home as spares.

Don't EVEN get me started on 8-weights. I don't really want to know how many, assuming I could even find them all on short notice. :doh:
NorcalBob

Postby BrownBear » August 11th, 2015, 5:05 pm

The only thing I can say in my defense, my wife is codependent in the problem! :bananadance:

She's as enthused about fly fishing as I am, and she's been at it with me for most of the last 40 years here in Alaska. I have close to a 20 year head start on her, but since she came on board there's no sense in buying one of anything, cuzz I'll lose it to her in a heartbeat!

In defense of the 10's in the boat, we fish up to 4 anglers at once and keep an onboard spare. Glad to have it this year when I blew up a Sage on the strike of a king, the rod that's back for repairs right now. The "right" gear for such violent fish is really specific, and it's just easier to have gear on board for guests than to deal with the shortcomings of their own gear.
BrownBear

Postby NorcalBob » August 11th, 2015, 8:09 pm

<<<In defense of the 10's in the boat>>>
You don't need to argue for the defense! BTW, I have around 10 rods rigged up and ready in my boat at all times, to cover most fishing situations I might encounter, so you're preaching to the choir!!! :bananadance:
NorcalBob

Postby BrownBear » August 11th, 2015, 8:33 pm

NorcalBob wrote:I have around 10 rods rigged up and ready in my boat at all times, to cover most fishing situations I might encounter, so you're preaching to the choir!!! :bananadance:

Perfect! We're pathfinders and guides for the acolytes! :bananadance:
BrownBear

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing