REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Care for Reese

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Care for Reese

Postby stanbery » October 27th, 2015, 5:29 pm

Reese Ferguison from Hank Paterson video is battling cancer and needs help

His goFund me site if you would like to donate.
https://www.gofundme.com/9a72c3pg

jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Re: Care for Reese

Postby Rasputinj » October 27th, 2015, 11:00 pm

Thanks for the update, cancer sucks. Have known quite a few people who has passed away from Metastatic melanoma. The company I work for just received approval for an immunotherapy for Metastatic Melanoma which is based off a modified Herpes virus that helps to attack the tumor and activate the body to fight to the tumor. The virus is injected into each tumor.

https://www.amgen.com/media/news-releases/2015/10/fda-approves-imlygic-talimogene-laherparepvec-as-first-oncolytic-viral-therapy-in-the-us/

I wish Reese the best and it seem like the GoFundMe campaign is going well.
Rasputinj
Rasputinj

Postby fflutterffly » October 28th, 2015, 7:05 pm

My brother in law has survived for 6.5 years through many different experiments protocols. The treatments are devastating, but the alternative is worse. Being on the water, out in the field and outdoors in general is dangerous even with protection. This is a sad moment and there isn't much more to say. Nice that we have such memories and smiles from Reese. Very sad.
EVERY DAY A VICTORY, EVERY YEAR A TRIUMPH
fflutterffly

Postby fflutterffly » October 28th, 2015, 7:14 pm

My brother in law has survived for 6.5 years through many different experiments protocols. The treatments are devastating, but the alternative is worse. Being on the water, out in the field and outdoors in general is dangerous even with protection. This is a sad moment and there isn't much more to say. Nice that we have such memories and smiles from Reese. Very sad.
EVERY DAY A VICTORY, EVERY YEAR A TRIUMPH
fflutterffly

Return to General Fly Fishing