REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

2009 Sportfishing Regs

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: 2009 Sportfishing Regs

Postby rayfound » March 12th, 2009, 8:36 am

In response to a question elsewhere, I looked through, and the only reference to Malibu creek I saw was this:

(4) All anadromous waters except those listed by name in the Special Regulations (See definition of anadromous waters, Section 1.04)

Closed to all fishing all year

(5) All streams and tributaries (except those listed by name in the Special Regulations) above Twitchell Dam on the Cuyama River, above Bradbury Dam and below Gibraltar Dam on the Santa Ynez River; above Matilja Dam on Matilija Creek and above Wheeler Gorge Campground on NF Matilija Creek; and above Rindge Dam on Malibu Creek. (The 100 foot Rindge Dam is located in Malibu Creek State Park, about 3 miles from the coast of Malibu, California. It is below Malibu Canyon Road, beneath the Sheriff's Memorial, and goes unnoticed by most who drive on the road due to it being out of view of the road.)

Open All year

Looking at the Map, it seems like in Malibu Park is fine. Below the dam would be "Anadromous Water" and closed to theoretically protect any remnant southern steelhead run.

California Fishing regs are ridiculously complicated. :(
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing