REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

New Zealand part 1 BROWNS

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: New Zealand part 1 BROWNS

Postby czech flyfisherman » February 23rd, 2016, 2:08 am

Hi guys....

Thanks for all nice coments, really appriciate it.
Fly Bob....yes I do nymphing but for these big boys you have to use dry flies.....how bad right ;)

If any of you want to come over and go fishing, no problem at all.....my doors are open. The best time is January thru March for South and March till July North.

Over weekend I will post some small Bows...

Zee
czech flyfisherman

Postby czech flyfisherman » February 23rd, 2016, 2:27 am

Also here I have some creeks here and when you fish there these fish are so big when you spook them they just swiming around and they stop in same place because they dont have any place to go.....its so funny to watch them.

And one more funny story.....I was fishing small river, and I do know I was first fisherman there in last 5 years. I saw nice bow sipping flies......and I said.....great...get down to river and cast.....second cast....boom he was hooked....but I lost him in 5 seconds......so normaly the fish will hide for rest of the day.....so I got back to bank I was going to chceck another hole.....but the fish was back and feeding again.....what???, so got back cast.....boom.....lost him again......and same story.....after two minutes cast boom again hooked but got away....now he broke my hook.....so after this I was 100% sure he is gone....but not this one.....he was feeding again....put another dry fly.....cast.....boom and finaly land him.....it was 78 cm bow......it was insane to see this. After relasing the fish I came back after 2 hours and what do you think....he was feeding again.

Its just amazing me if the fish not see fisherman they are copletly diferant.

Mayne boring story, but for me it was really exicitg.

Zee
czech flyfisherman

Postby John Harper » February 23rd, 2016, 7:12 am

czech flyfisherman wrote:Also here I have some creeks here and when you fish there these fish are so big when you spook them they just swiming around and they stop in same place because they dont have any place to go.....its so funny to watch them.

And one more funny story.....I was fishing small river, and I do know I was first fisherman there in last 5 years. I saw nice bow sipping flies......and I said.....great...get down to river and cast.....second cast....boom he was hooked....but I lost him in 5 seconds......so normaly the fish will hide for rest of the day.....so I got back to bank I was going to chceck another hole.....but the fish was back and feeding again.....what???, so got back cast.....boom.....lost him again......and same story.....after two minutes cast boom again hooked but got away....now he broke my hook.....so after this I was 100% sure he is gone....but not this one.....he was feeding again....put another dry fly.....cast.....boom and finaly land him.....it was 78 cm bow......it was insane to see this. After relasing the fish I came back after 2 hours and what do you think....he was feeding again.

Its just amazing me if the fish not see fisherman they are copletly diferant.

Mayne boring story, but for me it was really exicitg.

Zee

That's as good as the pictures. I wonder if we'll even have rivers left in SoCal in five years!!!! This place is definitely on my radar for a trip. Like Alaska, without the grizzly bears around!!!!

Thanks again for sharing with us.

John
John Harper

Postby fly addict » February 23rd, 2016, 11:43 am

Zee,
I'm selling my house and moving in with you in the next season. I think N Z would be the perfect place to spend the winter or summer with you. :bananadance:
Mark
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby stanbery » February 23rd, 2016, 2:18 pm

Zee

great post and pictures keep them coming.

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby Papasequoia » February 23rd, 2016, 4:33 pm

Nice stuff, Zee, thanks for sharing. Btw, I googled a 78 cm to inches conversion - 30.7 inches!
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby lucfish » February 23rd, 2016, 9:06 pm

Yeah, that's some good stuff.
lucfish

Postby czech flyfisherman » March 7th, 2016, 2:22 am

Hi Guys...
Thanks for nice feedback. I have prepered the next collection of pictures. I will post them this weekend. It will be just bows......

About the posts here.....

NZ is really great with one think and that is here is nothink I mean realy nothink what can kill you.....like bear....(Alaska), but I actualy like them there.....thats the true wildereness.....no snakes no spiders.....nothink.....so thats realy nice.

About the size of fish.....30inch fish is normal size for some rivers here....and even bigger.

Like I said, if some of you want to come here and fish.....you are more welcome in my place.
I have 2 friend coming here now from Czech to fish for 20 days.

Thanks Zee
czech flyfisherman

Postby TECH » March 12th, 2016, 1:39 am

Aqua blue and big browns. Sweet pics.
TECH

Postby bassman » March 14th, 2016, 8:03 am

Fantastic bunch of fish and water but I can't get over the coloration of several of the fish. Certain colors dominate certain waters or are they all mixed up?
bassman

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing