REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Uber Technology Fly Rods.......

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Postby briansII » March 4th, 2016, 1:19 pm

....FX1 Graphene rods are now available for pre orders.

http://www.mackenzieflyfishing.com/coll ... hene-range

What's Graphene you say:

graph·ene
ˈɡrafēn/
noun
noun: graphene; plural noun: graphenes

a fullerene consisting of bonded carbon atoms in sheet form one atom thick.

Not sure how much a one atom thick sheet of Graphene weighs, but my guess is, Sage is going to have to rewrite their marketing jargon to compete with a FX1 rod. ;)

briansII
briansII

Re: Uber Technology Fly Rods.......

Postby lucfish » March 4th, 2016, 1:27 pm

If I were Sage, I wouldn't be too worried. At about $1,500.00 each how many can they possibly sell? But if you are getting one Brian, I'll take your worn out Sages. ;)
lucfish

Postby briansII » March 4th, 2016, 3:04 pm

lucfish wrote:If I were Sage, I wouldn't be too worried. At about $1,500.00 each how many can they possibly sell? But if you are getting one Brian, I'll take your worn out Sages. ;)

I have a Sage SP 905 that's on it's last leg, but is probably still good for another few centuries. ;)

Actually, $1,500 for a spey rod is not that expensive. Sage's top of the line are over $1k, and there are more than a few non US built rods pushing $1,500+. I was expecting a higher price tag on this new technology rod.. IF it is a good rod, Graphene or not, people(not me)are going to buy it. Fly fishers are funny that way. :)

briansII
briansII

Postby Ants » March 5th, 2016, 4:23 am

Typically, high end or high tech rods don't add distance or accuracy to my casting. The rods do a very effective job of pointing out and amplifying the deficiencies in my technique.

Ants
Ants

Postby Rasputinj » March 5th, 2016, 8:40 am

Ants wrote:Typically, high end or high tech rods don't add distance or accuracy to my casting. The rods do a very effective job of pointing out and amplifying the deficiencies in my technique.

Ants

I am not sure about that Ants, when I fished SJ with you. You were dropping some pin point casts under brush and trees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rasputinj
Rasputinj

Return to General Fly Fishing