REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Jimbo is a Movie Star?

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Jimbo is a Movie Star?

Postby tomsakai » March 15th, 2016, 8:14 am

Perusing Facebook today and saw this. Check it out:
http://www.riverramble.com/tag/video/

tomsakai

Re: Jimbo is a Movie Star?

Postby dray » March 15th, 2016, 10:22 am

That's awesome Jimbo, keep up the good work.
dray

Postby FIGHTONSC » March 15th, 2016, 12:20 pm

Great interview, Jimbo!

Easier now for me to tie the telephone conversation to the actual person!

You just need Lone Star to produce a Guadalupe IPA to seal the deal!

Best from Kansas,

Jeff
THE TRUTH ALWAYS SOUNDS BETTER!
FIGHTONSC

Postby flybob » March 15th, 2016, 12:58 pm

Pretty cool Jimbo!

Great work too!

Something to really be proud of!
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby WanderingBlues » March 15th, 2016, 6:05 pm

Well done Jimbo!
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby lucfish » March 15th, 2016, 7:15 pm

WanderingBlues wrote:Well done Jimbo!

Second that.
lucfish

Postby Papasequoia » March 15th, 2016, 8:19 pm

Pretty cool, Jimbo! Even though I have seen a bunch of your selfies with cutties over the years I don't think I would have recognized you if they hadn't said it was you. You clean up good. :lol:
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby Ants » March 15th, 2016, 9:40 pm

Jimbo is entitled to all the praise he receives. I was fortunate to hear the stories at the same time I was fishing the river and experiencing the decades of work.

The cooperative effort is worth copying at any location. The workers include Jimbo ( and all the supporting folks from GRTU), the state agencies for planting and monitoring and regulating fishing, the cooperating owners of riverfront property, and the TU members that fund the program and reap the benefits. (lucky visitors like me get to have fun with the end result).

There are probably more folks involved to make the program a success. Jimbo and his crew deserve the praise for creating a grand fly fishing experience in any area that would not support the result. Congratulations for long term efforts and results that keep growing.

For anyone with a fondness for a river (other than the Guadulape), there is a fantastic framework to improve your home waters. On the Guadalupe, I imagine (and Jimbo and others can confirm), there were many small steps build to the current success. So, be inspired, look at the community that needs to be involved to produce successful results. It won't be easy on your home water, but if the program can work on an unlikely candidate as the Guadulupe, the success on local waters should apparent.

Ants
Ants

Postby stanbery » March 16th, 2016, 12:22 am

part two
http://www.riverramble.com/tag/guadalupe/
Check out all four video's as well
https://vimeo.com/user43215697
Very well done Jimbo.
Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby Jimbo Roberts » March 17th, 2016, 1:29 pm

Yeap, that's the interview Tom shot the day I went fishing with Ants.
It's a good thing I don't have to remember a script though. We had a good time off camera too. I've been fortunate enough to be associated with several other shows; KT Diaries, Fishing Texas, Fishing South Carolina, and On the Rise. We had a lot of fun, but I don't think Brad Pitt is worried one bit.

As far at the Guadalupe River and the Trout Fishery established here, I am just another face in a long line of Board Members and volunteers that have made everything we have today possible. The original Dirty Dozen who put TPWD and Trout together, started the GRTU chapter in 1968, past president Mick McCorcle who changed the face of GRTU into more of a corporate organization, the 1996 Trophy Trout Zone, the original Flow Agreement largely won by the testimony of David Schroeder, TroutFest, the recent upper delayed Harvest Zone, and now the new Flow Agreement with GBRA won just this year. Another thing we are very proud of is the Coldwater Conservation Grant we offer to other TU chapters that need startup money to get their own restoration projects started. The womens initiative to bring more women into the sport. Trout in the Classroom, and the Youth camp that brings teenagers down to the river and teaches them everything from biology to actually techniques to catch Trout bringing new blood into the sport that it needs to grow. All this can be seen on our web page http://www.grtu.org . Then there are the people before me that taught me how to manage the LAP and Stocking Program; Scott Graham, Doug Ming, and Bill Higdon. All great people who just passed along their knowledge to me that allows us to be so effective. And it doesn't hurt that our chapter has over 5300 members. Plus the close cooperation we had with Texas Parks and Wildlife, their biologists and even the Guadalupe Blanco River Aurthority, and less we not forget the Water Oriented Recreational District which controls access to the river. All these organizations have had a part in developing the river into the year round Trout Fishery it is today. Loose any one of those and the fishery would be diminished.

Jimbo
Jimbo Roberts

Postby briansII » March 17th, 2016, 4:31 pm

Awesome stuff!

briansII
briansII

Return to General Fly Fishing